Is there any way to change the operation of the default "View" buttons?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

LittleXC

Is there any way to change the operation of the default "View" buttons?

Post by LittleXC »

Hello!

I have worked with the SDK for a while in order to support my little application. I just followed the quick guide to make the SpaceMouse Enterprise work.

OK, it works. Commands and icon added, no problem in navigation, custom Key binding works, but I can't change the default View Command Set Operation provided by 3DxWare itself. For example, when pressing "Top View" Button(whose long press operation is "Bottom View"), AutoCad will use its View Command to change the direction of view instead of the original 3DxWare continuous matrix putting back animation.

I tried to Read the property commands_tree_k after read the navlib.pdf and navlib.h, but the value returned was invalid. Is there anything that I missed or just can't change operations in the default View Command Set by SDK?
ngomes

Re: Is there any way to change the operation of the default "View" buttons?

Post by ngomes »

Hi LittleXC,
LittleXC wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:09 pm OK, it works. Commands and icon added, no problem in navigation, custom Key binding works, but I can't change the default View Command Set Operation provided by 3DxWare itself. For example, when pressing "Top View" Button(whose long press operation is "Bottom View"), AutoCad will use its View Command to change the direction of view instead of the original 3DxWare continuous matrix putting back animation.
Not sure I follow.

If you're using the latest SDK, the driver will take care of changing view for whatever button is pressed. This behaviour aims to be forward-compatible with future device types.

What are you trying to achieve in your program? The AutoCAD example does not apply since it used the old SDK (now deprecated).
Nuno Gomes
LittleXC

Post by LittleXC »

ngomes wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:14 am Hi LittleXC, Not sure I follow.

If you're using the latest SDK, the driver will take care of changing view for whatever button is pressed. This behaviour aims to be forward-compatible with future device types.

What are you trying to achieve in your program? The AutoCAD example does not apply since it used the old SDK (now deprecated).
Oh, So AutoCad's arx is using the old SDK's behavior? After I press the button like "Top View", AutoCAD still can turn but it's not the latest SDK's behavior?

I want to change the operation of the predefined six view orientation commands, for example not to do the Driver's operation which will change the matrix as what the Big Navigation Cap will trigger in program. Just execute a command or function to instantly change to the View I choose.
So is it better to just set key binding of that operation I want after I add it into the Driver's CommandSet?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

LittleXC wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:48 am I want to change the operation of the predefined six view orientation commands, for example not to do the Driver's operation which will change the matrix as what the Big Navigation Cap will trigger in program.
Have you exported the functions that you want to assigned to the view button? If so, users can assign one of these to the view button.

A client program cannot change the default driver assignments. The defaults are defined in the driver configuration.
LittleXC

Post by LittleXC »

ngomes wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:12 am Have you exported the functions that you want to assigned to the view button? If so, users can assign one of these to the view button.

A client program cannot change the default driver assignments. The defaults are defined in the driver configuration.
Sure I did! Thank you for your help!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

LittleXC wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:36 pm Thank you for your help!
You're sure it was helpful? I may have misunderstood what you were asking for.
LittleXC

Post by LittleXC »

ngomes wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:09 am Thank you for your help!
You're sure it was helpful? I may have misunderstood what you were asking for.
[/quote]

Sure. I wanted to make my app behave like AutoCAD which will trigger client command after pressing button with driver-default action, but you said that a client program cannot change the default driver assignments when developers use the latest driver.

So I just changed the button action to the one I need.