Reference for XML? <RepeatStyle> issue

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

apertum

Reference for XML? <RepeatStyle> issue

Post by apertum »

Hi,

I have been searching through topics for a while but I cannot find any kind of reference for the XML syntax used in cfg's. Like what are the possible commands i.e. possible options for <Repeatstyle>. I discovered that for KB_Keystroke <RepeatSyle>Press</RepeatStyle> and <RepeatSyle>PressAndHold</RepeatStyle> work differently but still not to fulfill my needs. Both commands give me multiple keystrokes. I just need it to send the command once.

My code>

Code: Select all

<Axis>
				<Enabled>true</Enabled>
				<Input>
					<ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rz</ActionID>      
          <Min>-512</Min>
					<Max>-300</Max>

</Input>
				<Output>
					<ActionID>KB_Keystroke</ActionID>
          <RepeatStyle>Press</RepeatStyle>
          <KeyStroke>
            <Key>0D</Key>
          </KeyStroke>
				</Output> 
        </Axis>

<Axis>
				<Enabled>true</Enabled>
				<Input>
					<ActionID>HIDMultiAxis_Rz</ActionID>
          <Min>250</Min>
					<Max>511</Max>              

</Input>
				<Output>
					<ActionID>KB_Keystroke</ActionID>
         <RepeatStyle>Press</RepeatStyle>
          <KeyStroke>
            <Key>0F</Key>
          </KeyStroke>
				</Output>                             
        </Axis>
jwick

Re: Reference for XML? <RepeatStyle> issue

Post by jwick »

I had planned to implement "Once", but didn't get around to it. I wasn't sure how it should work.

Now there is only Auto and PressAndHold. "Press" is probably being unrecognized and defaulted to "Auto".
/*
* Auto repeats at a rate proportional to the input. This is scaled by MaxEventRate.
* PressAndHold presses and holds the key as long as it is greater than the deadzone.
*/

How do you want it to work? Press when it exceeds a certain threshold and immediately release it? Apps that poll the kb may miss that. If it is held down too long, the system will autorepeat it.

You can do anything you want with the extension mechanism but you need a small amount of programming ability.
apertum

Post by apertum »

Well I intended to use it just as you wrote how PressAndHold works. But on my system it behaves like this:

Moving the knob of my device -> key is triggered by axis movement beyond the deadzone (everything ok until this moment)
Releasing the knob ->nothing happening

but after a second (now things get bad) it keeps triggering the key until I move my knob the other way or trigger some different action via my device.

Any ideas how to solve that? I guess its an SW issue of my system, need to try it out on my other ones at work tomorow but any of your ideas will help me in getting into finetuning this great device to my specific needs :)

btw. - can I reach a reference to commandsin cfg's (XML coded) or am Ijust stuck up with the example ones such as base.cfg, wasd/JStickLayout?
jwick

Post by jwick »

Sounds like a bug to me. So few people use that functionality that problems that crop up don't get noticed. It used to work the way you want...
What version are you using?

There is no reference. Best to ask me how it works. I'm constantly changing things, so doc would be out of date pretty quick.

As I said, the extension mechanism puts the power to do anything you want under your control . But you have to code it.