S80 vs KMJ

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

Robbischubser

S80 vs KMJ

Post by Robbischubser »

Hi,

our application implements SpaceMouse access by receiving the mouse events sent by the driver (SiGetEvent). However, this doesnt seem to work with the new driver version 10.4.4 if there is NO specific xml configuration file. I noticed that the AppDefCfgKMJ.xml is used as fallback, where in earlier installments the AppDefCfgS80.xml was used. This is especially bad, because we use a wide range of names for our executables and, in happier times, I could navigate in everyone of them with my SpaceMouse...
The same behaviour occurs, if you rename the sui_viewer.exe from the SDK to "sui_viewer - copy.exe" (so it uses the fallback rather than the correct .xml).
I
m not quite sure how to handle this

1. Because the two AppDefCfg*.xml files are quite different, I can only guess the problem springs from the different transportation mode. Is there any way to test this?
2. What am I supposed to do to support the KMJ transportation mode?
jwick

Re: S80 vs KMJ

Post by jwick »

This sounds like a bug. The default (AppDefCfg_s80.xml) cfg file should still be used for your application.
Please contact the apisupport-win email address (sign up as a developer if you are not already).

Thanks,
Jim