Spacenavigator and Blender 64bit

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

higginsdj

Spacenavigator and Blender 64bit

Post by higginsdj »

The Windows plugin doesn't seem to work for the 64 bit version of Blender. Is there likely to be a plugin any time soon?

Running Win 7 64 bit and Blender 2.49+

Cheers

David
Corniger

Post by Corniger »

I'd like to know exactly the same - I know there's one for Linux 64, but I don't know if this can be used.
Blender was why I bought the SpaceNavigator. Would be great to "have it back" :)
Win 7 x64 & Blender x64
Corniger

Post by Corniger »

...?
Win 7 x64 & Blender x64
significant-bit

Post by significant-bit »

As part of the Google summer of code, I'm working with the blender folks to get this working again. The SpaceNavigator will work out of the box on all platforms without needing a plugin.

I'll post here when it's working well in my branch, and again when it's included in an official blender 2.5+ release.

Hope this helps!

Mike
Corniger

Post by Corniger »

AWESOME!! Thank you :)
Win 7 x64 & Blender x64
Corniger

Post by Corniger »

significant-bit wrote:I'll post here when it's working well in my branch, and again when it's included in an official blender 2.5+ release.
Any news yet? :) I don't wanna see that little blue ring flicker into oblivion! Tried 2.56 today and hell yeah, that Space Navigator is just waiting! Right there! On my desk! :D
Win 7 x64 & Blender x64
Phil999

Post by Phil999 »

significant-bit wrote:As part of the Google summer of code, I'm working with the blender folks to get this working again. The SpaceNavigator will work out of the box on all platforms without needing a plugin.
good to hear.
MrVulcan

SpaceNavigator...and now SpacePilot?

Post by MrVulcan »

Hi Mike!

It's nice to hear that 3D mouse support for Blender is being worked on, but you only mention the SpaceNavigator here. How about the SpacePilot? And...no, I don't mean the Pro.
significant-bit wrote:As part of the Google summer of code, I'm working with the blender folks to get this working again. The SpaceNavigator will work out of the box on all platforms without needing a plugin.

I'll post here when it's working well in my branch, and again when it's included in an official blender 2.5+ release.

Hope this helps!

Mike
al_mathews

Still no Blender 64bit support

Post by al_mathews »

Wondering if there is any recent update on the Windows 64 bit Blender (2.57) support for Space Navigator. It is working well in 32 bit 2.49 version. The 64 bit version is so much faster I'd sure like to be able to take advantage. Thanks for your support!
Corniger

Post by Corniger »

2011 - still nothing... :(
Win 7 x64 & Blender x64
Jianju

*DYING* to ise my SpaceNav in Blender (& everything else

Post by Jianju »

I hear it's coming next month. Holding my breath...
Corniger

Post by Corniger »

Almost November...
Win 7 x64 & Blender x64
jwick

Post by jwick »

??? We were running it at SIGGRAPH in August. It worked well. I would have thought that version would have been released a long time ago.
Nicholas Rishel

Post by Nicholas Rishel »

Since it's not explicitly stated here, Blender has supported the space navigator (presumably all other variants too) since 2.59.

Here's the announcement: http://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php?id=108

It took a while for the GSoC project to make it to the default build, but it is there now. :)