C# .NETFramework and .NETCore compatibility

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

SamF

C# .NETFramework and .NETCore compatibility

Post by SamF »

Hello,

I used the TestSiApp to create a Windows Forms Application (.NETFramework) in C#. Now I am trying to migrate it to a Raspberry Pi 3 with Windows IoT and a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) also in C#. However, when I try to add the 3DxControls.dll reference it gives me an error as it targets .NETFramework but the UWP targets .NETCore. Do you have an equivalent .dll reference file that is compatible with .NETCore?
If not, which programming languages are supported by the 3DxWare SDK that I could use with the Raspberry Pi 3? I can use any other OS for the Raspberry Pi and don't mind migrating to an another programming language although I would prefer to remain in C#.

Tank you,
SamF
ngomes

Re: C# .NETFramework and .NETCore compatibility

Post by ngomes »

Hi SamF,

Initially, I thought you were using Raspian and was going to suggest libusb but I see that you're using Windows IoT.

For embedded applications, you may want to take a similar approach and use a system API like the unmanaged Raw Input or the managed Window.UI.Input frameworks.