C#

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

Davross

C#

Post by Davross »

Hi there, I'm trying to use the Space navigator .Net library for a C#, Winforms application, but I am struggling to get the actual axes values from the Navigator, and can find no useful sample code in C#. The provided sample (3DxTestNL) barely compiles, and when it does it has no motion capture.

I have a working motion event which is triggered by moving the puck, but am unsure how I now use the MotionEventArgs to get motion values? Should I be querying GetCameraMatrix?

My application is control software for a 3D surface metrology instrument. We want to use the Space navigator as an XY jog control for the adjusting the sample position under the probe, combined with vertical z-axis control for instrumentation focus; i.e. use 3 out of the 6 axes.

I previously implemented a working raw input system, but it would only function in 32 bit code. I need to use a 64-bit implementation.

Can anybody suggest how to get the actual raw translation and rotation values from the space navigator, either using the latest SDK, or a working 64-bit compatible raw input please?

Many thanks
Kev
umar_riaz

Re: C#

Post by umar_riaz »

I have the same question. Did you get a solution?
Rodion843

Post by Rodion843 »

Same question. Tried to contact dev support through email week ago, no response.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi Rodion843,
Rodion843 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:33 pm Same question. Tried to contact dev support through email week ago, no response.
Sorry for the long wait. You should have received a reply sent earlier today with the old SDK (includes the source for 3DxTest.exe).
Nuno Gomes