API keys for 3Dconnection mouse or pro?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

Gcobza2010

Re: API keys for 3Dconnection mouse or pro?

Post by Gcobza2010 »

ngomes wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:53 am
Gcobza2010 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 am Yes i want to write it using python-paho mqtt, the raw data of those dimension be send as json format. Are there any examples to this end? What kind of example for using libusb on Linux,?
We have code we can share to show you how to get the device data using libusb on Linux. We don't have any examples on how to them forward this to MQTT but your MQTT service application ought to have an API an examples.

If you want to have a look at the libusb example for Linux, get in touch with 3Dconnexion's API Support team (contact details in the Developer Area site as linked in your original post above).
We have code we can share to show you how to get the device data using libusb on Linux. Please share this with me so can start on something, thanks.
If you want to have a look at the libusb example for Linux, get in touch with 3Dconnexion's API Support team (contact details in the Developer Area site as linked in your original post above). How do i do this ?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Gcobza2010 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:15 am Please share this with me so can start on something, thanks.
Have a word with 3Dconnexion's API Support team (contact details in the Developer Area site as linked in your original post above). They will be able to get you the source with the libusb example.
Gcobza2010

Post by Gcobza2010 »

ngomes wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:53 am
Gcobza2010 wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:27 am Yes i want to write it using python-paho mqtt, the raw data of those dimension be send as json format. Are there any examples to this end? What kind of example for using libusb on Linux,?
We have code we can share to show you how to get the device data using libusb on Linux. We don't have any examples on how to them forward this to MQTT but your MQTT service application ought to have an API an examples.

If you want to have a look at the libusb example for Linux, get in touch with 3Dconnexion's API Support team (contact details in the Developer Area site as linked in your original post above).
We have code we can share to show you how to get the device data using libusb on Linux. We don't have any examples on how to them forward this to MQTT but your MQTT service application ought to have an API an examples. // Please share this we me its important, does it have the API keys?
AlexanderMajors

Post by AlexanderMajors »

I assume that you build a Python script that takes 3D mouse data and forwards it to a MQTT service. What happens in the other end of the MQTT service is unknown but that sounds like a cool project.