Working in C++

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

Enrique Palomo

Working in C++

Post by Enrique Palomo »

Hello,
I am trying to access space mouse from c ++.
You would need an orientation to initiate the connection with the device, close it, if necessary, and receive the position and orientation data from the device.
This information is probably available elsewhere in the forum, or on another website; please, if so, tell me where to look for it. Any help will be appreciated.
ngomes

Re: Working in C++

Post by ngomes »

Hi Enrique Palomo,
Enrique Palomo wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:07 am I am trying to access space mouse from c ++.
Have a look at the Windows SDK as it includes C++ samples. They should get your started. The SDK can be downloaded from here.
Nuno Gomes
Enrique Palomo

Post by Enrique Palomo »

I have downloaded the SDK that you have suggested. I've been working with the "navlib_viewer" example. But I only find event management. I cannot find device initialization or detection of such events.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

You seem to have an idea of what you want since you're referring to a device and initialisation.

Perhaps the SDK is not the best approach for you. Perhaps using a system interface, bypassing 3Dconnexion's drivers, may be a better fit for what you're looking to do.

Can you gave a bit more context? With some detail, we ought to be able to give you better guidance on how to move forward.