Displaying data on the LCD for SpacePilot

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

jmenon

Post by jmenon »

Hi

I am using the SpacePilot 3DMouse on a windows 7 64 bit machine.
Instead of using the old spaceball library files, we had to use the new SDK and windows raw input message handlers so as to support the 3D mouse in our 64 bit application. All that works fine.

Now how do I get the data on to the LCD display of Spacepilot?
In the documentation available with the new SDK, it is written like the following:
"A separate SDK (including samples and documentation) is provided by Logitech and 3Dconnexion to allow third-party developers to integrate support for this class of devices.
The LCD SDK is distributed in the installation for the SpacePilot PRO and is distributed in a zip normally found at the following location:
C:\Program Files\Logitech\GamePanel Software\LCD Manager\SDK"

I dont have SpacePilotPRO. What I have is SpacePilot.
Can i download the sdk from elsewhere?

thanks in advance
Jithesh
jwick

Post by jwick »

There is no standard way of addressing the old SpacePilot LCD with Raw Input. You can write to the bitmap but it is a tremendous amount of work. The SpacePilot is no longer being sold. Support for it is pure maintenance mode.
jmenon

Post by jmenon »

Can i use the 3dmousesettingsapplet utility provided with the SDK along with SpacePilot?
Will that work???
I could not try it since I could not find out where to download LCDManager software.
jwick

Post by jwick »

I don't think that would help. Using Raw Input, you are completely outside the world of the driver.