.Net 5 support

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

Radaiko

.Net 5 support

Post by Radaiko »

I'm trying to integrate SpaceMouse support into our .Net 5 application.

The C# DLL in the SDK is a Framework 4.6.1.
Are there any plans to make a .Net 5 compatible one?
ngomes

Re: .Net 5 support

Post by ngomes »

Yes. We expect to look into .NET 5, given time but a .NET Framework 4.6.1 assembly ought to be able to be referenced from a .NET 5 program.

Have you tried referencing the assembly? If it does not work, what are the error messages?
Nuno Gomes
Radaiko

Post by Radaiko »

Ohh i didn't thought about that.
Yes it's possible to reference the Navigation3D.dll.
Thank you

I have looked into it and I think for our use case the Navigation3D.dll is too complex.

I have found on GitHub some code fragments which are using a SiApp.dll. In the new SDK, there is no information about this.

The only thing that we need is something like the MotionEventArgs Matrix OnMotionChange.

Is there still a wait to get the SiApp SDK?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Radaiko wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:57 am I have found on GitHub some code fragments which are using a SiApp.dll. In the new SDK, there is no information about this.
We don't recognise the "SiApp.dll" file name (a dll). We have a C# sample (WinForms) in the old SDK with a SiApp.cs file used to access the native API methods.
The only thing that we need is something like the MotionEventArgs Matrix OnMotionChange.

Is there still a wait to get the SiApp SDK?
You're probably looking for the old, deprecated SDK (version 3.4). Have a word with 3Dconnexion API Support. The contact details can be found in the software development support pages. Start here (registration required).