old sdk or other example including raw to matrix, please

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

ste

old sdk or other example including raw to matrix, please

Post by ste »

The lack of WM_INPUT raw-access / old-school examples in today's SDK is deafening. I also cannot find them anywhere on the site today.

Can an admin (or fellow-sufferer) please post-here or pm-me instructions on how to access the SDK/example archives? I understand that the old SDK around v2 included helpful demos.

Specifically, I seek example code that explains what the raw rotation numbers actually referred to, and provided functions for converting them into a matrix. So, some demo/example that includes "best-practice" code for [raw rotation/translation packets -> matrix] will sort me out. I prefer straight 'c'. But anything will do.

I also think there was an old FTP site that included the sort of things I am looking for.

(Although I understand it is recommended to not go native at the moment. I need to support a couple of older devices in the medium term. I need to go raw-access native, because today's SDK only works with modern drivers. And older devices do not work with the modern drivers. You kindly make old drivers available.. but the old SDKs are not available. Making a problem. It would be helpful if you could include the old examples and old SDKs on the site for all. But a pm will sort me out.)

Thanks.
ngomes

Re: old sdk or other example including raw to matrix, please

Post by ngomes »

ste wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:54 am The lack of WM_INPUT raw-access / old-school examples in today's SDK is deafening.
Trying reaching out to the API Support team (contact details here). They should be able to assist you.