spacemouse compact buttons

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

cebugdev

spacemouse compact buttons

Post by cebugdev »

I have the professional and enterprise versions of the device and I am trying to support both the enterprise and the compact version,
I dont have the compact version of the device though, I am confuse on what buttons does the compact version have?
by looking at the picture of the compact version, i see there are two programmable buttons on it, but what is this "button" what is the equivalent of those buttons in the Pro and enterprise version? is that mapped thru the programmable buttons 1-12 (for enterprise)?
jwick

Re: spacemouse compact buttons

Post by jwick »

This is what we are trying to avoid by suggesting our SDK (at least our v3 SDK).
With RawInput, you have to deal with these device differences. And you have no realistic way of knowing what future devices will bring.

I have put all the button event details in a file you can access. You will find the Base.xml file in the Cfg subdir of our installation directory under Program Files (typically, C:\Program Files\3Dconnexion\3DxWare\3DxWinCore\Cfg\Base.xml).
See

Code: Select all

<Device>
      <ID>ID_ProductID_C635</ID>
      <Name>SpaceMouse Compact</Name>
      <ButtonInfo>
        <Button>
          <Event>
            <ReportID>03</ReportID>
            <Mask>0001</Mask>
          </Event>
This is just for currently supported devices. When devices permanently leave support, these entries will disappear.

Another issue with Raw Input, is that users can remap buttons in our GUI, and you won't know about that. I think you will just get no button event in this case (though I'd have to verify that).