Sudden stop in API data

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

uymaz

Sudden stop in API data

Post by uymaz »

Hello guys,

I don't know where else to ask this question, so I'll just ask it here.

I'm using a 3dconnexion SpaceMouse Compact to fetch user input, and use that input to manipulate 3D objects.
Now, as the title suggests, after a certain point, the mouse seems to stop sending data, as a value from a different API that builds upon the mouse data doesn't change when rotating to the right. That API is HOOPS Visualize, if that's relevant. (Also, the mouse data itself seems to stop changing after a certain point aswell)

Unfortunately, I cannot show code, as thats against company guidelines and stuff..

So, anyone got any ideas?
jwick

Re: Sudden stop in API data

Post by jwick »

Your application uses the HOOPS API to read data from the device, not a 3Dconnexion API or a Microsoft API?

Does the driver still show your application is in focus? What does it say on the 3Dx systray icon, 3DxSmartUI dlg box.
Does this happen after a random amount of time, after a certain amount of movement, any pattern? Hours? Seconds?
Does the device still work in other applications?

We may need a stub test program that demonstrates the problem. Is there anything on the HOOPS site / SDK?