VB.Net HID Commands

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

mmjc23

VB.Net HID Commands

Post by mmjc23 »

Dear Sirs,

I would like to manage a Mouse3d SpaceNavigator (3dx-600028) from my VB.Net application.
My application already uses a HID library for other USB devices.

With this library, I can connect to the SpaceNavigator (046D:C626 - 0001:0008) and receive commands.

I would like to configure the SpaceNavigator to receive a unique command when each key is pressed.

For example, if I press the left button, I get the command "03 01 00 00 00 00 00" and I get "03 00 00 00 00 00 00" when I release the button.
But if I press the left button with the right button already pressed, I get the command "03 03 00 00 00 00 00"

Is it possible to configure the device (for example through the "3Dconnexion \ 3DxWare \ 3DxWinCore64 \ Cfg \ *. Xml" files) to receive a unique HID command when each button is pressed/released?

Likewise, I would like to receive unique commands from the Multi Axis button when a certain threshold is exceeded (for example "<Deadband> 400 </Deadband>").

Thank you in advance,
Regards
jwick

Re: VB.Net HID Commands

Post by jwick »

If you are using HID, you can not change what the device sends.
You can use Base.xml to parse the commands (I only have the buttons in there ATM).

For this device you are getting a bit mask. 1 bit for each button.
The first 3 is the button packet identifier.
0x0, 0x1, 0x2, 0x3 is a bitmask of the currently down buttons (none, button 1, button 2, both)

If you use our SDK and driver, you can add some interpretation of these events. But you need to install the driver.
If you use HID, you do not need to install our software, but then you need to address the particulars of each device. And future devices will more than likely also require changes to your software. Our SDK insulates you from most of those differences.
mmjc23

Re: VB.Net HID Commands

Post by mmjc23 »

Thank you so much for the comprehensive answer jwick.
I will consider using the library.
Best regards