Window Handle

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

janders

Window Handle

Post by janders »

I am using glfw to get an openGL context. I now want to use spacenavigator but glfw handles the events so I don't think it's possible for me to break into glfw's event loop. I looked at SDL but it doesn't seem to support spacenavigator yet. Any ideas on how to use spacenavigator in my application?
jwick

Re: Window Handle

Post by jwick »

Most of these frameworks allow you to filter events, or get events that they don't handle. If you can't find anything like that, you can always create your own window and pass that to the 3Dx API. You will then get events back on the WndProc attached to that window.
janders

Post by janders »

Thank you for the reply. I will investigate further. Would be nice though if we could have a library like TUIOcpp, where you inherit the TUIO class in your source then implement 3-4 mandatory functions that are called when there are incoming touch events.
janders

Post by janders »

Turns out that with the joystick emulation in windows on with the latest 3Dxware you can create profile for your application then emulate joystick functionality which is supported by glfw. Problem solved :D
janders

Post by janders »

For some reason even though I created a profile for my app, the 4th axis (Ry) doesn't seem to come through to glfw (I am handling it as a joystick). I have submitted a bug on glfw but I fear that the bug might perhaps be on the drivers.

https://sourceforge.net/p/glfw/bugs/134/
janders

Post by janders »

jwick wrote:Most of these frameworks allow you to filter events, or get events that they don't handle. If you can't find anything like that, you can always create your own window and pass that to the 3Dx API. You will then get events back on the WndProc attached to that window.
Sorry for the multiple posts but I cannot edit my posts :/ The Joysrick Ry axis WORKS if I change it's mode to Joystick Throttle but not when it's Ry.