How to do momentary button on SpaceMouse Pro?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

airuno2l

How to do momentary button on SpaceMouse Pro?

Post by airuno2l »

Hello all,

I have an application that I was using a SpaceBall 5000 for. In the application I was using the buttons on the mouse as a momentary switch (while the button is pressed down the value is 1, when it is released the value is 0).

Recently I have switched to the SpaceMouse Pro and everything works great seamlessly except that I can't use the buttons as momentary switches any more. When I press the button, the state changes, but goes back to the unpressed state automatically! Not only that, but there is an innoying GUI/pop-up that shows the current button mapping when I hold a button down. Is there a way to change this behavior?

PS. I'm using Windows XP, Visual Studio 10, and hidsdi.h, please let me know if more info is needed.
airuno2l

Re: How to do momentary button on SpaceMouse Pro?

Post by airuno2l »

Nevermind, the "F" and "R" buttons work the way I need and I only needed two buttons. (Beforehand I was trying "3" and "4" but couldn't get it to work as momentary.

-Aaron
jwick

Post by jwick »

Buttons 1-4 have dual functionality. If you hold them down long enough, they will do a different action than if you quickly press them. The side effect of that is that you can no longer distinguish between the press and the release.

You can disable this behavior by setting "Disable OnScreenDisplay" to "1" in HKCU/Software/3dconnexion/3dxware. But then the fancy on-screen display won't work anymore.
mbartlett21

Post by mbartlett21 »

@jwick
This doesn't seem to work any more. The on-screen display still comes up, even though I have set Disable OnScreenDisplay to 1 (type REG_SZ) in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\3Dconnexion\3DxWare
jwick

Post by jwick »

That's not the mechanism used anymore (9 year old post).
There is now a CheckBox in the GUI to do this.