Currently supported API

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

SnowballTwo

Currently supported API

Post by SnowballTwo »

Hi,

today i downloaded the 3DxWare SDK, and i thought it must be easy to integrate the 3D-Navigation into our C# Projects.
Unfortunately, the FTP-Access to the examples is prohibited at our Company, so i tried it on my own.

First, i started using the TDx.TDxInput.dll (after i tried to use the plain TDxInput.dll from COM, without success). OK, there have been a few interfaces, but not even A BIT of documentation. Not even a generated one. nothing.
After i have been consulting a few forum posts, it turned out that this API is deprecated.

DirectInput is unmanaged, and the DirectX 9 Managed stuff from Microsoft is also deprecated. XNA is no alternative.
HID is also unmanaged, and only accessible via third party libraries or a lot of P/Invoke.

Question:

What is (at the moment) the correct way to implement 3dx functionality in .Net Code?
ngomes

Re: Currently supported API

Post by ngomes »

Hi SnowballTwo,

Our API Support team ought to be able to support you. Login with your "My3Dx" account (create one as a developer if necessary) and, go to the SDK support page and look up the instructions to contact the SDK folks. They will be able to send you a copy.