Max Speed

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Windows Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

PaulGee

Max Speed

Post by PaulGee »

Is there a way of finding out the current maximum value for vector3D object under the COM interface.

I just want a means of knowing for a particular direction what proportion of the maximum value I am.

Many thanks

Paul.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is possible. The rotation vector is normalised so its length is always 1 but the translation vector is in arbitrary units and they vary with the speed setting in the driver.
What are you trying to achieve? Perhaps there is a different approach to consider.
Nuno Gomes
PaulGee

Post by PaulGee »

What I was trying to achieve was a proportional directional control where the amount of force in a certain direction is a percentage of the total force that can be exerted.

I've now sorted a routine to do this, it required a change of thinking on my behalf. Rather than trying to find the max value of the device depending on the speed setting, I have an arbitrary value and use the vector components as measure of how quickly the max value is reached. So on a high speed setting little force is required to reach 100%, where as on slow setting more force is required to reach the maximum but you have more control.

Hope that makes some kind of sensor and is useful for others.