Chrome browser support on OS X Big Sur

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Mac Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

dulacarnold

Chrome browser support on OS X Big Sur

Post by dulacarnold »

Hi All,

I am working on a web app that requires grabbing inputs of a spacenav. I know that some sites such as OnShape are able to interact with the spacenav, but it doesn't show up as a gamepad as I had hoped it would. Does anyone have experience/suggestions/solutions to using the spacenav with a Chrome browser?

Thanks,

Gabe
ngomes

Re: Chrome browser support on OS X Big Sur

Post by ngomes »

Hi dulacarnold,
dulacarnold wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:43 am I am working on a web app that requires grabbing inputs of a spacenav. I know that some sites such as OnShape are able to interact with the spacenav, but it doesn't show up as a gamepad as I had hoped it would. Does anyone have experience/suggestions/solutions to using the spacenav with a Chrome browser?
By "spacenav", I believe you mean "SpaceNavigator" and 3D mice in general.

Since you mention Onshape, have a look in the "web" directory of the 3DxWare SDK for Windows. It includes samples (WebGL) and documentation for 3DconnexionJS, a JavaScript framework 3Dconnexion maintains to support our range of devices.

We plan to integrate the Mac and Windows SDK, given time. The 3DconnexionJS is supported in both platforms.

Note that end-users need to have a driver installation.
Nuno Gomes
allen0s

Post by allen0s »

I can't find this download (with JS samples) ... is it still available?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The samples (and documentation) for 3DconnexionJS are included in the "3DxWare SDK". Even if it is part of an SDK for Windows, the "web" section applies to Mac.

3Dconnexion SDK packages can be downloaded from the Software Developer Program web page (registration required).
Nuno Gomes