Disable Driver for Mac? Useful for Remote Desktop

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Mac Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

mikefish

Disable Driver for Mac? Useful for Remote Desktop

Post by mikefish »

Hello, I currently do the bulk of my CAD work in NX using a Windows remote desktop client (VMWare Horizon Client) and do all of my CAM work in Fusion 360 directly on MacOS.

The only way I can use my SpaceMouse Pro remotely is if I uninstall 3DWare from my Mac, there is no "Disable Driver" option as there is for Windows. Since uninstalling/reinstalling requires a restart, I currently can only use my SpaceMouse for remote CAD and have to struggle using my 3-button mouse in Fusion 360.

Could this feature please be added to help Mac users?
mikefish

Re: Disable Driver for Mac? Useful for Remote Desktop

Post by mikefish »

Hello,

I wanted to bump this post since it's over 1 year old.

- Michael
seanseena

Re: Disable Driver for Mac? Useful for Remote Desktop

Post by seanseena »

Bump also.

In my case, it seems the driver conflicts with my Karabiner.app (which I think also works by installing a driver). Perhaps there's a more elegant workaround where the 3DxWare driver & Karabiner can coexist, but the brute force method is to uninstall 3DxWare between uses of the 3D mouse.

I wouldn't mind if the requested disable feature essential performed an uninstall with restart, but left the rest of the software on the Mac. That way, I wouldn't have to keep finding or downloading the DMG install package, but instead re-enable with a restart. Not beautiful but it'd work.