driver alters spacemouse?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Mac Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

allen0s

driver alters spacemouse?

Post by allen0s »

I just received my wireless SpaceMouse and eagerly wrote a simple WebHID test (all of 20 lines of code) that would connect to the device and read all 6 axes and 2 buttons. Then it was suggested that I try the MacOS driver and talk to the port server. So I did this (reboot required) and found that when the driver claims the SpaceMouse, I can't use it with WebHID anymore. And there is now way to disable the driver or remove the device. So I uninstalled the driver (reboot again) but now the SpaceMouse seems to have been altered in a way that it no longer presents the event stream to WebHID (the collections interface no longer shows any inputReports).

Is this a known problem? Is there a way to return the SpaceMouse to its original state? If not, I guess I'm sending it back.

Thanks
ngomes

Re: driver alters spacemouse?

Post by ngomes »

allen0s wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:31 am Is this a known problem?
Not a known problem, no. The driver will "claim" the device (it has to otherwise the SpaceMouse moves the mouse pointer) but if you uninstall the driver, then it should return to the original operation (moving the mouse pointer, being available for WebHID programs).
Nuno Gomes