Not Receiving Events on 10.8.x

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Mac Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

JVertrees

Not Receiving Events on 10.8.x

Post by JVertrees »

Greetings,

First, is there some landing page where we can get a matrix that shows which 3Dx drivers support which versions of OS X? This would help in deploying with 3DConnexion support. I looked but haven't found one.

We had 3DConnexion support for years, but Mac OS X 10.8.x seem to break functionality. I can init and tear down the driver successfully, upon plug/un-plug, so connections are being listened to and made, yet the device won't deliver action events when the user actually interacts with the device.

I've directly compared 10.7.x to 10.8.x, the former versions work fine but the latter don't. We've also tried upgrading to newer 3Dx libraries/frameworks, including the betas, but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

Cheers,

-- Jason
Sarah2676

Re: Not Receiving Events on 10.8.x

Post by Sarah2676 »

Pretty sure i have the same problem as you JVertrees.

Did you ever find a solution? Please let me know as i think it might help my situation too :)

Sarah
Michael Gibson

Re: Not Receiving Events on 10.8.x

Post by Michael Gibson »

No replies from 3Dconnexion about this?

I seem to be running into a similar problem with my app too - with the latest drivers I'm able to load the framework and set things up but never receive any events, same as what others describe above.

When I try with driver version 10.1.2 everything is fine.

Any ideas on what has changed in the recent driver versions that would cause problems?

- Michael