Strange Values from XOJO

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion Mac Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

mherron

Strange Values from XOJO

Post by mherron »

I am reading the SpaceNavigator Notebook from within XOJO (Formerly Real Studio). 3DConnexion driver 10.0.11 is installed. I read axis values via the GameInputManager. The device and all its channels show up properly (is this HID?) but the values read are strange. for example, moving the puck to the right , I get values that start at zero, go up to about 315, flip to negative 315, then go up to negative 50 or so. If I move the puck to the left, I get values that start at zero, then go down to about negative 615.

What's going on? Any help is appreciated. trying to develop a medical device.
ngomes

Re: Strange Values from XOJO

Post by ngomes »

(Moved topic to the Mac developers' forum.)

Hi mherron,

Newer devices will report the valid axis values to be between [-350, .., +350]. It seems that XOJO isn't able to handle that range and a overrun will occur. The devices are "multi-axis controller", a standard HID device class.

Have you reported the issue to them? If so, can you explain what their take was on this?
mherron

Post by mherron »

I will check with XOJO. Are you saying I should expect values in the range -350 to 350 for the space navigator notebook?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi mherron,
Are you saying I should expect values in the range -350 to 350 for the space navigator notebook?
Yes for newer devices. Older production device have a larger range. Regardless, the engine ought to handle much larger ranges: this is because the driver can apply a scaling factor (if the user changes the "speed" slider, for example).