SpacePilot Feature reports 5,6,7...0x12, What do they do?

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion UNIX and Linux Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

Chis

SpacePilot Feature reports 5,6,7...0x12, What do they do?

Post by Chis »

I'm trying to communicate to SpacePilot using my own embedded system.

Reading 21 buttons, 6 axises and setting 4 LEDs is straight forward. They are using standard HID usage page.

To set up the LCD, the other thread in Windows development forum was helpful and it uses features C, D and E.

That still leaves few vendor specific undocumented features as 5,6,7,8,9,A,B,F,10,11 and 12. Using my homebrew USB analyzer on the bus and connecting the SpacePilot to a windows machine, I see the windows driver using features 6 and F once during the initialization. I tried 6, no effect. And when I try F it turns off the LCD display. Can't figure out how to turn it on without disconnecting/reconnecting the device.

Is there any info available about these vendor specific features?

BTW, I'm impressed with the support provided here and the proper report descriptor being reported by the device. In past, I'd a chance to work on Logitech force feedback joystick. And their HID report decriptor doesn't even match with what they driver uses. It took me a week to firgure it out. On the other hand, in less than a day I'm able to read inputs and set the LED/LCD on this device.
Hans Meine

Post by Hans Meine »

Any news on this?

I am sure there are a lot of Linux/Unix users who'd like to use the LC display, too!
jwick

Post by jwick »

There is a description of the LCD format in this topic.