Hard Grab

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion UNIX and Linux Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

mbianchi

Hard Grab

Post by mbianchi »

Hello! We have an application written using the 1.8.0 Linux SDK. We are having an issue in which our application stops receiving events depending on what window is in focus. I have searched through several posts and have seen related issues, but either I don't understand the solutions or they don't apply to our situation.

The most straightforward solution for me would be to set the "Hard Grab" behavior as mentioned in this post for Windows development:
https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36563
One of the options is to edit the .xml config file to set the Grab to Hard. However, in Linux, there are .scg files instead of .xml - Is there a similar solution for Linux development?
badabing

Spacenav

Post by badabing »

Could you use the Spacenav library? It has a unix domain socket interface and events from the mouse are broadcasted to all applications regardless their window is active or not.
mbianchi

Re: Hard Grab

Post by mbianchi »

Thank you so much! Yes, we looked into that and it was very helpful. Thanks again, I will close this topic.