websocket interface

Post questions, comments and feedback to our 3Dconnexion UNIX and Linux Development Team.

Moderator: Moderators

jtsiomb

websocket interface

Post by jtsiomb »

I'm the author of the free spacenav driver (http://spacenav.sourceforge.net). I've had a few feature requests in the past few years, to support web-based 3D apps like onshape. Apparently you have an undocumented API for webapps based on websockets, for which I can't seem to find any information. Are you willing to share the necessary details about this onshape/webapp interface required to re-implement it?
UtaSH

Re: websocket interface

Post by UtaSH »

Hi,

unfortunately this is not available for Linux. Only for macOS and Windows.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi jtsiomb,
jtsiomb wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:25 pm undocumented API for webapps based on websockets, for which I can't seem to find any information.
Have a look in the latest SDK for Windows: you will find a "web" directory where we have a few samples for JavaScript programs. The programs use what we named "3DconnexionJS", a JSON-formatted API that connects over the loopback adapter to a proxy server (3dxnlserver.exe).

The SDK can be downloaded from the software developer page in 3Dconnexion's web site here (login required).
Nuno Gomes
jtsiomb

Post by jtsiomb »

Thank you that's helpful. I'm not very familliar with web-related APIs, but what I can see in the SDK web/ directory seems like a good starting point.