Weird selection drop bug in Maya

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on UNIX and Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

yoruneko

Weird selection drop bug in Maya

Post by yoruneko »

No answer to my previous post won't stop me from posting my problems again!

I have this weird bug where after a few minutes (not just after opening the software), the move tool in object mode will drop the selected object, stoping in the middle of the translation.
Even more weird this doesn't affect the component move mode, and the effect decreases if I zoom out. Cherry on top, the move action isn't registered in the undo buffer!
It's super annoying...

It is most definitely the SpaceMouse pro fault when I unplug it the bug is gone.

It really really bugs me cause it prevents me from using the spacemouse at all while I work, I can play around for a few minutes and when the bug arrives I have to unplug it..
Kinda starting to regret my "investment" there...
Spomo

Re: Weird selection drop bug in Maya

Post by Spomo »

I have the same problem with Maya 2015.

Running Maya on a Dell T3610 with ISV certified drivers for Nvidia K4000 Quadro card.

Funny thing is, before I was running Maya 2014 on a Dell XPS 8300 with ATI HD 6000 series video card with a Space Mouse and I had the SAME problem.

It's the space mouse driver... or something.

HELP!

-Spo-
yoruneko

Post by yoruneko »

Good to know I'm not alone!
I feel your pain, other than that it's a joy to use, but this bug makes you want to throw it out the window...
Hanszmann

Post by Hanszmann »

I've been having the same issue since version 2016, we are currently using 2018 and the issue remains.., everyone in my studio has the same freaking issue...
Usually you have to re-start to get it back, but I found this work around that is pretty annoying too. you press shift and it will do an additional selection, but you also have to use CTRL to unselect previous selections.

I thought that would be a big issue everyone would be facing it.., but is rare for me to find it in forums.

If anyone has a solution, PLEASE.... share it
tneveu1

Post by tneveu1 »

I have also noticed a LOT of issues that seem to change with each new driver/plugin. I keep going back and forth but it seems like each time there is a new release you have to rethink how you work. I tried going back to just using the keys to navigate, but I keep reaching for the spacemouse.. cant win.
johnwilliams

Post by johnwilliams »

This bug is so annoying that you feel like throwing your device away from window, I had to deal with the same thing.
yoruneko

Post by yoruneko »

Sad to see there’s still no solution after EIGHT YEARS.