ubuntu linux blender Z axis rotation missing?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on UNIX and Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

maity

ubuntu linux blender Z axis rotation missing?

Post by maity »

first of all: thanks so much for supporting blender in linux!
...however...
It seams to me that there is the Z axis missing? When I play with the test cube, I can rotate all axis just fine. But when I work in Blender, the Z axis rotation doesn't do anything. (when I turn Z on and off in 3DxWare under rotations, it doesn't change anything!). Any Ideas...? Or is it supposed to be this way?

Maity
ettore

Re: ubuntu linux blender Z axis rotation missing?

Post by ettore »

maity wrote:first of all: thanks so much for supporting blender in linux!
...however...
It seams to me that there is the Z axis missing? When I play with the test cube, I can rotate all axis just fine. But when I work in Blender, the Z axis rotation doesn't do anything. (when I turn Z on and off in 3DxWare under rotations, it doesn't change anything!). Any Ideas...? Or is it supposed to be this way?

Maity
I think you're talking about the turntable mode. Turntable mode is a mode where only 5 degrees of freedom are enabled to allow to keep the horizon horizontal.
Trackball mode will allow full 6DOF control, but it is currently not implemented in blender... yet.

With the left SpaceNavigator button in blender you can switch between turntable mode, flycam mode and transform. Flycam and transform mode both feature control on all 6DOF.
ettore pasquini
software engineer
3Dconnexion, inc.