Uninstalling on Ubuntu

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on UNIX and Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

iantlopp

Uninstalling on Ubuntu

Post by iantlopp »

After some initial headache (missing dependencies and the like), I managed to get this installed on my Chromebook running GalliumOS 2.0 (which is a derivative of Xubuntu 16.04). It works well enough, but this chromebook just isn't cut out for 3d and as such I've decided to remove the driver. However, there is NO uninstall procedure that I can find either in the file I downloaded, or anywhere on this site - in the forums, etc. I've been reading through the install script and my knowledge of bash is limited, but it appears to only be copying files over to the "/etc/3DxWare" directory, and then creates a link to the "/etc/3DxWare/daemon/3dxsrv" file, which is, among other things, the graphical frontend.

Is it properly uninstalled if I just delete the "/etc/3DxWare" folder?
I also told it to autoboot with each boot of Linux. What does it do when you select yes to that option? would the easiest option be to reinstall the driver, telling it no to this, then just deleting the above directory?
UtaSH

Re: Uninstalling on Ubuntu

Post by UtaSH »

Hi iantlopp,

you are right: removing the folder /etc/3DxWare uninstalls the driver. If you selected "Yes" for the autostart option during installation then you have to remove the corresponding line in the file /etc/inittab (usually the last line). That's it. :)

But you are right - starting the installation again and the say "NO" for the autostart option removes the line in the /etc/inittab, too. :)