any solutions on using enterprise on linux ?????

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on UNIX and Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

any solutions on using enterprise on linux ?????

Post by 243750496 »

i bought enterprise and cad mouse then i found there is no driver for the enterprise and the cadmouse , so
Q1:will open source driver libspnavd support these new hardware on linux like the old ones?
Q2:will official support linux in their future ? because old one had supported yet.

Re: any solutions on using enterprise on linux ?????

Post by 243750496 »

Or do the hardware is too new so the software of 3dxware have not developed perfectly so that we can use it ?????
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello 243750496,

you can find the supported operating systems here. Additionally you can find on the product page on our website (SpaceMouse Enterprise + CadMouse) at the bottom in the Technical Specifications the information which operating systems are supported.

Currently there are no plans in the near future to include support for our newest devices in the Linux driver.
sberbinschi

Post by sberbinschi »

Hi all,
I also need a driver for my enterprise kit for linux (Ubuntu/LinuxMInt/Debian based linux, .deb file)
It would be very useful to have this for the most used linux distributions.
For future, OnShape cloud based Cad software, it would be very useful driver for linux. This software could be used on any platform, in browser.

Thanks and Regards,
Silviu
datadog

Post by datadog »

Goodness, it never even occurred to me this version (which I've just received) might not work on Linux, I thought I was getting the high-end "all the bells and whistles" model :oops:

Is there any hope of it being supported on Linux at all, ever -- just the basic 6-axis mouse functions? I can dual boot into Windows to use it (or use a VM possibly) but this is hardly ideal.
finally!

Post by finally! »

This works now! Using spacenavd v0.7.1 https://github.com/FreeSpacenav/spacenavd/releases i can pan/zoom and rotate in Blender, and some of the buttons even work (although not Tab, which would be useful).

Note that currently on `systemd` based distributions, as well as copying the file `spacenavd/contrib/systemd/spacenavd.service` to `/etc/systemd/system/` you also need to edit line 8 to read `ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/spacenavd`, but that should be fixed soon.

(And of course you still need to disable the CadMouse's infinite scrolling using https://github.com/lachs0r/cadmousectl for it to be usable.)