Attempt to install on Arch Linux does not work

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on UNIX and Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

MrVulcan68

Attempt to install on Arch Linux does not work

Post by MrVulcan68 »

Hello everyone!

I've tried to install the latest the 64 bit version of the 3DxWare driver for Linux on my Arch Linux. Here's what happened, starting at the first indication of trouble:

The first I get this line:
/etc/3DxWare/daemon/3dxsrv: error while loading shared libraries: libXm.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This whereas I don't think my computer uses libXm, or whatever that's called.

I answer the next question with "yes" and choose USB device, as I have the SpaceMouse Pro.

I finished the installation and then tried ./xcube only to receive that error about libXm.so.3 again. Reading on, I find the note about distributions with libXm.so.4, so, as per the text file included, I tried the following instructions:

cd /usr/lib64
ln -s libXm.so.4 libXm.so.3

After all this, xcube still didn't work, so I'll try rebooting. I'll edit this post some more when I come back.
MrVulcan68

Re: Attempt to install on Arch Linux does not work

Post by MrVulcan68 »

I feel like I shouldn't be posting this as a reply, but I see no other way of adding this information.

Anyway, my SpaceMouse Pro now moves my mouse pointer and not my avatar in Second Life.
Also, no 3D mouse is listed in the Firestorm Viewer.
UtaSH

Re: Attempt to install on Arch Linux does not work

Post by UtaSH »

Hi MrVulcan68,

you can find a list of applications that have support for our SpaceMouse here. Second Life is not listed. You need to contact Linden Lab and ask for support for the 3Dconnexion SpaceMouse.