blue leds individually controllable?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on UNIX and Linux.

Moderator: Moderators

Oppie

blue leds individually controllable?

Post by Oppie »

Is it possble to switch the blue LEDs on and off independantly of one another? I had in mind a "follow-me" or mode indication application.

tia
ngomes

Re: blue leds individually controllable?

Post by ngomes »

Hi Oppie ,

I believe not but I can confirm. Which device type? SpaceNavigator?
Oppie

Re: blue leds individually controllable?

Post by Oppie »

ngomes wrote:Hi Oppie ,
I believe not but I can confirm. Which device type? SpaceNavigator?
Yes, the Space Navigator, at least initially.
We just implemented a USB host on a Microchip PIC32 to read the spacenavigator outputs. Looking at supplementing/replacing the CH Products resistive joysticks that we've been using for ages on our microscope automation system. Still in development but there are some interesting possibilities. Is there a really low level integrators guide available? We've been able to glean some details from the Linux driver and a USB debugger.
Couldn't help myself and tore down a recently purchased unit. Management wanted me to see if I could pull out an analog voltage. Short answer is that a timing signal and time sliced analog output of the six channels plus zero can be pulled out - but why, you folks have done an amazing job of reducing the data already. So we made the usb host to analog converter. Did see though from a quick look that the individual LEDs appear to go to separate ports on the ST7 microcontroller. From this, the leds could potentially be controlled individually if the firmware allows.
Oppie