macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

dsveInc

Re: macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Beta Driver Available

Post by dsveInc »

ngomes wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:37 am MAC-318 (Cinema 4D R25 does not work on M1 machines)
I assume you guys didn't hear back from maxon yet? Anyway, wanted to let you know that I used the "opportunity" to get into sidefx houdini (can't work without a 3D mouse) and that works flawlessly on the m1 mac ✔︎ Maybe I an able to drop Maxon finally completely. Happy Holidays!
slbaumgartner

Re: macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Post by slbaumgartner »

crobl wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:17 am
slbaumgartner wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:27 am The RC3 drivers cause SketchUp to crash on launch ...
Hi slbaumgartner,

I'm sorry to hear that you have issues with RC3. Can you please PN me the crashlogs, which I assume are created by the SketchUp crash. I'd like to have a look into this issue!

For the logs, please open the "Console.app.
On the left of the window select the "Crash reports" section and look for (top center) "SketchUp" (or related).
Right-Click such an entry and select "Reveal in Finder". You'll now have the corresponding ".crashlog" file.
Please send me this/these files.

Thank you very much!
I tried, and it seems I don't know how to upload a file to this forum either in a regular post or in a private message. Please advise.
woodulike

Post by woodulike »

Probably not the right place to ask about the firmware update but I can't get the wireless cadmouse firmware updated to v1.11.
When I run the TDX Flash it says no devices connected.
I have read the message saying to connect without an adaptor but as the macbook is USB C and the cables from 3dConnexions are USB A I'm not sure how we are expected to connect without an adaptor.

I have looked to see if I could update the firmware on a PC but can't find anything to update on a PC
richwatkinson

Post by richwatkinson »

I'm having the same issue with crashing Sketchup. It seems to occur when launching SketchUp by opening a file. I have not had the issue when just launching SketchUp first and then selecting a file to open. I can't attach the crash report either as the forum doesn't seem to allow that file type.
Mario76

Post by Mario76 »

Hi everybody, have a wonderful new year!!
I've been reading the thread and trying to find a solution to my problem for the las two days, with no luck:
Just bought a SpaceMouse Enterprise (kit with CadMouse Pro Wireless) for Maya 2022. Everything seems to be working fine, except for the -super important- modifier buttons: "Shift", "Ctrl", "Alt" on the Enterprise. They're dead!
SpaceMouse and CadMouse are cable connected directly.
Installed the latest 3DConnexion driver: 3DxMacCore version 1.2.0.262 (262), 3DxWare version 10.7.0 (3411), Firmware 4.42
My system: iMac OS 12 Monterey (just installed). First I was using BigSur, but it didn't work either :(

Any advice would be much appreciated!!
Mario
Huberde

Post by Huberde »

Hi,

I'm also quite unhappy since I have my new Mac mini with M1. Using MacOS 12.1 and Fusion360 as well as PrusaSlicer, my SpaceMouse Wireless most time isn't working after coming back to my Mini. If the Spacemouse works, all is fine. After returning from stand-by, often the mouse isn't working. Before the new beta driver it was enough to plug-off/plug-on the wireless receiver. With this update I have to reboot the Mini everytime when it's not working.

This is really frustrating at all, because I'm having now issues with the mouse since nearly one year after moving to the M1.

Regards,
Denis
mark-in-seattle

Post by mark-in-seattle »

FYI - new driver on my Spacemouse Pro Wireless (firmware = 4.39) goes crazy when used with GoogleEarth-pro on my iMac. The Spacemouse Pro is tethered to the iMac thru USB3 port.

The previous driver worked reasonably well with Sketchup-Pro-2021 and GoogleEarth-pro. It was very smooth and predictable when used with GoogleEarth. Now using the new driver v10.7, any input from the Spacemouse Pro causes the GoogleEarth window view to pitch roll and yaw on it's own until seemingly it runs out of 3D map space..... very strange and unhelpful.
marcarch

Post by marcarch »

Can't bear anymore MAC-324 in AutoCAD.

Please, could you provide a timeline about WCM (Wireless CadMouse) firmware update?
cainmarc

Post by cainmarc »

I just purchased the space mouse wireless device. Now I find out that current drivers are not available. I am confused how this company had not released a production version of the Mac drivers. Apple release beta versions of their new OS in June of 2021 for Monterey and June of 2020 for Big Sur. How is this company this far behind?!? Are they going out of business or not planning on supporting the Mac community?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marcarch wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:05 am Please, could you provide a timeline about WCM (Wireless CadMouse) firmware update?
We're currently testing a modified firmware. It shouldn't take much longer now.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Version 10.7.0 was published today, Jan 13, 2022, as the official driver for macOS 10.15 and newer.

The software just published is the exact same build as "release candidate 3" (rev. r3411) announced on December 21st. Customers using r3411 are already on the latest build and do not need to update the software.

The main download web page is here.

Finally, a word of appreciation from our Engineering team. Many of you, our customers, provided very important feedback and insight during what turned out to be a much protracted development brought about, mostly, by the transition from macOS 10.15 to 11. Supporting the M1 was comparatively an easier task.

There are too many of you to name individually but thank you from all of us. We will continue to work to improve our solution for the Mac.
markaceto

Post by markaceto »

ngomes wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:38 am Version 10.7.0 was published today, Jan 13, 2022, as the official driver for macOS 10.15 and newer.

The software just published is the exact same build as "release candidate 3" (rev. r3411) announced on December 21st. Customers using r3411 are already on the latest build and do not need to update the software.

The main download web page is here.

Finally, a word of appreciation from our Engineering team. Many of you, our customers, provided very important feedback and insight during what turned out to be a much protracted development brought about, mostly, by the transition from macOS 10.15 to 11. Supporting the M1 was comparatively an easier task.

There are too many of you to name individually but thank you from all of us. We will continue to work to improve our solution for the Mac.
I installed 10.7.0 on macOS 10.15.7 yesterday, and the driver cannot find my wired CadMouse. The release notes say that Catalina and Cadmouse are both supported, so I'm not sure what the issue is. In the meantime, I'll be searching for a legacy driver that works...
2022 Mac Studio M1 Ultra 20-core · 64-core GPU · 128 GB RAM · macOS 12.6.6
Dell U4320Q 43" Display 3840x2160
denschub

Post by denschub »

ngomes wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:31 am We're currently testing a modified firmware. It shouldn't take much longer now.
Will the updated firmware also fix the issues that occur when using the CadMouse Pro Wireless together with a SpaceMouse?

I just installed the release macOS drivers, and my SpaceMouse works fine if I'm using it alone, but as soon as I connect the CadMouse via Bluetooth, the SpaceMouse somehow forgets all it's settings. In Fusion 360, for example, the SpaceMouse goes into hyperspeed mode, and even a very small movement will result in the object being translated into a different universe. :)

It looks like the settings can only apply to once device at the time, depending on which device I have selected in the preferences. If I select the SpaceMouse, it works fine but the application-specific settings for the CadMouse no longer apply. If I have the CadMouse selected, the SpaceMouse forgets all its settings... which makes everything a bit unusable.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

denschub wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:17 pm as soon as I connect the CadMouse via Bluetooth, the SpaceMouse somehow forgets all it's settings. In Fusion 360, for example, the SpaceMouse goes into hyperspeed mode, and even a very small movement will result in the object being translated into a different universe. :)
I think this is the first time we have this reported.

Try resetting the driver:
  1. Uninstall the driver.
  2. Reboot the system.
  3. Delete (or move elsewhere) the "com.3dconnexion.[...].plist" files in ~/Library/Preferences
  4. Install the driver.
Holliers

Post by Holliers »

ngomes wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:38 am Version 10.7.0 was published today, Jan 13, 2022, as the official driver for macOS 10.15 and newer.
Hi

I am also getting a repeated crash when I load Sketch Up by opening an existing file. After Crashing out and re-opening Sketch up I am asked if I want to "Load Extensions". If open Sketch Up without opening a previously saved file, and then open it from within Sketch Up it seems to work.

My Wireless SpaceMouse will also disconnect after a period of time. I have to remove the dongle and reinsert it to re-connect it.

I have bug reports, but the upload feature doesn't seem to support .txt or .doc file extensions. If you advise what is supported I can upload them.

For completeness, none of these issues existed before upgrading the driver yesterday, and I had similar issues when testing RC1, so for me, there is definitely something wrong.

Currently I am on OS 10.15.7, but urgently need to upgrade to at least BigSur for security reasons, so was hoping that v10.7.0 of the driver would allow me to upgrade now, but I am concerned that it isn't ready for a live environment. Please advise.

Many thanks
Mark