Spacemouse driver not working in Ventura

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

cjadams

Spacemouse driver not working in Ventura

Post by cjadams »

Just a heads up.. the driver is a bit buggy it installs after a few tries.. but then once you get to the allow button.. all i get is an OK that never goes away.
then the 3d home gives the same go to settings and fix this dialog over top of it. like with montery.

So looks like the same issues.. as last time.. - NOTE puck is working fine but buttons do nothing.
c4d and zbrush both seem to ignore the buttons.. but the 3d mouse enterprise does show the button names.. changeing on it's screen.. so its partly working.
zoomer

Re: Spacemouse driver not working in Ventura

Post by zoomer »

Thanks for testing !

I honestly didn't expect such problems with the coming macOS.
Since a few years, I usually went public beta from day one.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

3dc fyi i’m willing to test
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Thanks for reporting back in here.

We're looking into the preview of macOS 13 "Ventura" and we will follow back here when we have more information to share.
Nuno Gomes
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Got word from my colleagues. Here's what we have at the moment.

As far as we can tell, version 10.7.3 of 3DxWare 10 works as expected in "Ventura" Preview. The user interface to "allow" the system software has changed but, overall, it works similarly to macOS 12 and older.

Concerning the empty dialogue at the end of the "allow" process, we recommend reporting the problem directly to Apple as it seems to be an issue in the new system.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

is there a way to get around that end dialogue …it seems that unless you could dismiss it …the driver never loads.

I will double check my version however ….I’ve tried the current one as well as the previous one with no luck

I even have gatekeeper completely disabled to allow plug-ins from “anywhere” and it still won’t load up the function keys…which are now nonfunctional only the puck seems to work
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

We don't know. The behaviour with that empty dialogue appears to be erroneous (a bug in the new system).

In our own testing, the driver software works as expected even when the dialogue came up.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

And you are able to use the function keys?

I noticed that it worked till i uninstalled or tried to update.. since the driver was functioning while “inplace” during the upgrade but once you uninstall it looks like it won’t re-install. if your on a machine with a prior version.. already running.. then upgrade it might have just stayed active. but any new install on a virgin machine might not.
I will keep trying though..
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:18 am if your on a machine with a prior version.. already running.. then upgrade it might have just stayed active. but any new install on a virgin machine might not.
We did try both scenarios: a upgrade from macOS 12 with an installed driver and also after a remove and re-install already in "Ventura" Preview.

We have long seen reports of the "allow" message not showing up after a reinstall but we have yet to see a reproducible scenarios. If the system is not rebooted, the message may not come up.
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

I have not yet Venture.

But I heard ....

Good news, space navigator works.
There is an issue with the installer and enabling the driver.
Installation required adjusting the permissions to allow the driver,
but did show a non-closeable dialog - requiring a forced reboot.
After restart, everything worked as expected.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

ngomes wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:14 am
cjadams wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:18 am if your on a machine with a prior version.. already running.. then upgrade it might have just stayed active. but any new install on a virgin machine might not.
We did try both scenarios: a upgrade from macOS 12 with an installed driver and also after a remove and re-install already in "Ventura" Preview.

We have long seen reports of the "allow" message not showing up after a reinstall but we have yet to see a reproducible scenarios. If the system is not rebooted, the message may not come up.
I will try this again …is it necessary to have gatekeeper active? or should it still work with set to “anywhere”?

Disabling Gatekeeper

Open a terminal by pressing Cmd + Space, enter “Terminal” and open the application.
Run the following command: sudo spctl --master-disable. Enter your administrator password when requested.
Gatekeeper is now disabled

you can always run the command again except you swap out disable for enable to turn it back on
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:11 am is it necessary to have gatekeeper active?
I don't know. Why are you disabling Gatekeeper?

Before making any changes to your system, please go to Apple menu > System Information > Software > Disabled Software and let us know what you find in there (if anything).
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

I will check that and let you know… mostly it was due to other drivers that weren’t up to date..
I will check shortly
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Ok.. interesting... i managed to pick the one command that just doesn't seem to work right...
in safari i can't seem to do a CMD-SHIFT-\ to show all open tabs.. it doesn't do anything... but if i assign a button to say the virtual keypad.. it is working..
also no go in cinema 4d.. I do wonder what is the proceedure to use the shoftcuts you created but RE-POINT them to a newer version of the program incase it seems to think the older version which is now been replaced.. since they seem to update the name.
BTW the only stuff in "disabled" was old sophos stuff. which i uninstalled long ago
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

also for what its worth. i am still getting this.. error in 3d connexion home
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 2.10.20 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-06-29 at 2.10.20 PM.png (199.43 KiB) Viewed 33199 times