Spacemouse driver not working in Ventura

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

cjadams

Re: Spacemouse driver not working in Ventura

Post by cjadams »

ngomes wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:56 am
cjadams wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:37 am Has there been any progress? .. even willing to test a beta driver.. dead in the water here. .
We don't know why you are having an issue.

We speculate that the dext is being blocked on your system and cannot load but we don't know why.
Ok.. i went though deep into the system and killed anything that had 3dc on it... eventually i think i found the application list and trashed that too..
after doing all that killed bitdefender.. which i did before but couldn't hurt.. i reinstalled latest version. and got the allow prompt like before but this time it actually worked!
so.. at the moment its working.. knock on wood! Could some of the preferences have been locked or something.. or the app shortcut files list.. ?
something clearly was LOCKED. i think.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:16 am Is there a new beta version under way?.. I will be happy to test
You may be assuming there is something wrong with the driver and that we can fix it.

Since we don't know what going on with your system and why the keyboard emulation is broken, a new driver build won't help you or us to get to the bottom of this.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:42 am after doing all that killed bitdefender..
Well, you may have found the issue right there.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

no …i also disabled and uninstalled it when i was trouble-shooting before! that part isn’t new …i always do that!!!
way more likely is something deep in the system was permission locked and deleting everything 3dc i believe solved it!
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

cjadams wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:06 am way more likely is something deep in the system was permission locked and deleting everything 3dc i believe solved it!
Could be. I wish we knew for sure. It would help others similarly affected.

Good to know that you appear to have sort out the problem, at least for now.
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Yes...i will keep an eye on it for the moment... when will there be an cinema 4d r26 /s26 update? i had to kill the old profile... i'm still seeing a profile for r23 and cant kill it within the preferences,,,delete option is greyed out
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Just to be clear for everybody the antivirus was off every time I tried to do the install .....so I don't think that was the actual factor

however going through the system and clearing out old files from previous installations more than likely was the actual answer

I suspect after years of migration after migration of a Mac system ...that something had just gotten messed up permissions wise ....and it wasn't until I went through and deleted all 3dconnexion stuff deep within the core of the OS ....that I was able to install once now correctly

it must've deleted whatever file was stuck.
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

what did u delete exactly? what did u search for?
i can't get that ********** popup appear, my mouse is pretty useless since i have Ventura :(
is kext still a thing? there are some listed under "disabled software"

Moderator edit (Oct 27, 2022): removed foul language (see BOARD RULES under "Be respectful").
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

anyone here running the driver under Ventura with success? if so, please tell me how u got the security pop up?
i Tried absolutely everything, i wasted like 10h to get it running, but not a single button is working anymore.
i need the mouse to work, but i don't know how to do an 100% removal and clean install.
i deleted everything with CleanMy Mac and another deleting software that searches for remaining pieces of the software.
is Lulu a thing? an Firewall.
What else could prevent the pop up from appearing?
I already enabled the "allow all software", disabled gatekeeper... nothing seems to change anything.
is there an new Beta Driver to test available? someone form 3Dconnexion here?
The support is no help, no respond except "re-install"... :cry:
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

It works fine for me here.
But I have Ventura Beta since July already.
Maybe I got the security pop up one time, or when I installed the latest driver.

Looks like Ventura final has a bug that deactivates previous settings of
full disk access in macOS privacy settings.
Maybe it also deactivated previous settings in Automation and such.

I would go through all macOS privacy settings, look for anything
3DConnexion and check if the rights are still activated.
K1LLD0Z3R04

Post by K1LLD0Z3R04 »

I already added it everywhere manually.
It has all possible access. I really don’t know how to get the popup. For all other programs it was absolutely no problem. Popup goes up, allow, ok.
It’s so disappointing and annoying, and it seems almost impossible to get help :(
KlaudioPer

Post by KlaudioPer »

I tried to read all the posts on the topic, but now I have more concerns than certainties!!

I'm currently running MacOX 12.6 on Space Mouse Enterprise, I mostly work on Fusion 360.... Is it safe today (Nov 15 2022) to install Ventura in this scenario? Or I'm going to have a lot of headaches like BigSur update a couple of years ago??

Thanks in advance
zoomer

Post by zoomer »

Big Sur was a big step with lots of changes, which caused problems.
3DConnexion are still testing Ventura but have so far not found any issues.
For me it works with my old original Space Navigator.