macOS Big Sur and Monterey - Pre-release Driver Available

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

garybart

Re: macOS Big Sur - Beta Driver Available

Post by garybart »

hello,

I have the CadMouse Compact Wireless. I have tried running the firmware update to 1.11 however tdxflash reports "No supported devices found." Mouse is connected via USB cable (USB to USB-C adapter in the middle). Mouse works, so it seems connected. Not sure what to do now.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

garybart wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:48 pm I have the CadMouse Compact Wireless. I have tried running the firmware update to 1.11 however tdxflash reports "No supported devices found." Mouse is connected via USB cable (USB to USB-C adapter in the middle). Mouse works, so it seems connected. Not sure what to do now.
The firmware update is only necessary if you have an original CadMouse (a wired device) or a CadMouse Wireless.

The CadMouse Compact Wireless was launched more recently and does not require a firmware update to operate in macOS 11.
garybart

Post by garybart »

Here is the list of supported devices for 1.11:

Beta Driver for macOS 11 “Big Sur”
Due to significant changes to macOS made by Apple the next version of 3DxWareMac is delayed. A beta version of our driver with support for macOS Big Sur is available for download here. (Version 10.7.0 r3318 – Beta 15 – published on 23/03/2021)

Supported devices:

CadMouse (requires firmware version 1.06 or newer)
CadMouse Wireless (only via Bluetooth and cable, requires firmware version 1.11 or newer)
CadMouse Compact
CadMouse Compact Wireless (only via Bluetooth and cable)
CadMouse Pro
CadMouse Pro Wireless (only via Bluetooth and cable)....

The device does not function properly, as in none of the custom button settings work. So, if you are correct, why then does it not work?
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

garybart wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 am Here is the list of supported devices for 1.11:
You're mixing up the latest firmware version (1.11) for the CadMouse Wireless type with the driver version (10.7.0).

Version 10.7.0 of 3DxWare 10 for macOS has support for all CadMouse types but the original CadMouse (a wired device) requires firmware v. 1.11 and, as mentioned, the CadMouse Wireless requires firmware v. 1.11. Customers that have one of those two device types with an older firmware version, need to upgrade the firmware. All other CadMouse types (CadMouse Wireless Pro, CadMouse Pro Wireless Left, CadMouse Compact Wireless) can be used with any firmware version.
garybart wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:34 am The device does not function properly, as in none of the custom button settings work. So, if you are correct, why then does it not work?
What exactly does not work? You may be affected by the keyboard emulation issue which depends on the assigned function and target application.

If you can, please describe in more detail what you're trying to do and what you expect to happen.
garybart

Post by garybart »

As it turns out, a reinstall of the beta driver solved the issue and you are correct about the firmware version. Now the only Issue is that keyboard modifier keys are not working. This is apparently a known issue.

Thanks for the help.
slbaumgartner

Post by slbaumgartner »

It appears that there may be a memory management issue in the latest beta driver (r33180. After running for a while on my 16" MBP, I see that the 3DConnexionHelper process has grown to 1.43GB. Surely there is no proper reason for it to be so large! I don't know whether it is related, but I most often use SpaceNavigator in SketchUp 2021.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

The "beta 16" (revision r3333) of the new driver for macOS was released a few moments ago. As before, the software can be downloaded from the FAQ page linked here. A change history summary is available on the top post.

We have included add-ins for Maya version 2022 and for the ARM64 native build of Photoshop desktop v. 22.3.
garybart

Post by garybart »

Keyboard Modifier Keys still not passed through (at least to Fusion 360) on Mac with Apple Silicon.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

garybart wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am Keyboard Modifier Keys still not passed through (at least to Fusion 360) on Mac with Apple Silicon.
The work to implement a virtual keyboard is on-going. We will make a note when it is available.
Antonello

Post by Antonello »

I, With enterprise 3d connexion mouse, keystroke option and control still doesn't work!!!!!!!
marc_maxwell

Post by marc_maxwell »

Trying to install the updated driver for my CadMouse Wireless using the TDxFlash tool provided on the website. I get following output:

TDxFlash: 3Dconnexion DFU Tool v. 1.0.0 (r18184, x86_64)
Update devices of all supported types.
Found 1 device(s) to be updated.
Updating device 1: (USB PID 0xc651, firmware v. 1.02)
Updating device firmware to v. 1.11
Error: unable to open DFU device.
Error: update failed with error code 1
Exit code: 5.
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

======

So it does find the mouse I believe but fails on the DFU interfacing. I have csrutil disabled, reinstalled the drivers and rebooted before executing the command. I'm using Big Sur obviously and the 3dconnexion version is the new beta one 10.7.0 r3333.

I've searched the forum but didn't encounter this error. So thought I'd post, hoping someone has an idea how to get the DFU interfacing working or how to troubleshoot it?

Thank you in advance and kind regards!

PS: my mouse works in bluetooth mode apart from all the buttons... Kind not usable this way ;-)
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

marc_maxwell wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:55 am Trying to install the updated driver for my CadMouse Wireless using the TDxFlash tool provided on the website. I get following output:

TDxFlash: 3Dconnexion DFU Tool v. 1.0.0 (r18184, x86_64)
Update devices of all supported types.
Found 1 device(s) to be updated.
Updating device 1: (USB PID 0xc651, firmware v. 1.02)
Updating device firmware to v. 1.11
Error: unable to open DFU device.
Error: update failed with error code 1
Exit code: 5.

So it does find the mouse I believe but fails on the DFU interfacing.
I think we had at least one similar report but I do not know if it was ever resolved.

Did you follow the instructions to set up Terminal to allow access to privileged HID devices such as a mouse?
garybart

Post by garybart »

The firmware update is only necessary if you have an original CadMouse (a wired device) or a CadMouse Wireless.

The CadMouse Compact Wireless was launched more recently and does not require a firmware update to operate in macOS 11.
garybart

Post by garybart »

garybart wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:34 am The firmware update is only necessary if you have an original CadMouse (a wired device) or a CadMouse Wireless.

Sorry, I see you stated you have CadMouse wireless, not compact. So my reply is not relevant.
alanfleming

Post by alanfleming »

ngomes wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:54 am
garybart wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:48 am Keyboard Modifier Keys still not passed through (at least to Fusion 360) on Mac with Apple Silicon.
The work to implement a virtual keyboard is on-going. We will make a note when it is available.
I take it they've seen https://github.com/pqrs-org/Karabiner-D ... lHIDDevice right?