Support for Adobe Reader and Acrobat Professional 8 for Mac

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

znissan
User
User

Support for Adobe Reader and Acrobat Professional 8 for Mac

Post by znissan »

Hello Folks:

3DxMacWare version 1.3.0 is now available on the 3Dconnexion download site, and includes support for Adobe Reader 8 and Acrobat Professional 8 for Mac!

Pan and zoom your pdf files with the SpaceNavigator as well as move 3D embedded objects around so you can truly visualize and inspect these objects and models. The SpaceNavigator is perfect for document or object review in both Reader and Acrobat.

We hope you enjoy this new support and as always please post any feedback.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
akimball

Can't get SpaceNavigator to work with Adobe Reader 8.1.2

Post by akimball »

Hi,

Love the space navigator and it works great with Google applications like google earth and sketchup. However, I've never been able to get it to work with Adobe Reader 8.x.

System details:
Currently, I'm running Mac OS 10.5.2 on a Mac Pro 8-core 2007 model, 3.0-GHz, which has three 20" monitors side by side and 1 37" monitor above. 12-GBytes of memory, Terabytes of hard-drive space (I don't know how much really... there are currently 11 hard drives attached internally and exteranlly. Latest sofware on Adobe Reader. Latest software for everything.

I've NEVER been able to get this to work with reader, in the 4 months I've had it (I think I tried it briefly with Tiger 10.4.11 prior to installing on Leopard 10.5).

I also have a spaceNavigator that I use at the office (Windoze XP I'm afraid... sucks compared to the Mac OS but I can use both equally well) and it works very well with the same applications (google earth, sketchup, Adobe Reader, and SolidWorks) as well as Altium Designer 6.8 (I'm an Electrical Engineer). Note again, the SN works great with Adobe Reader on the PC under WindozeXP, but not on Adobe Reader 8.1.2 on my Mac.

Is there something I need to enable or install? I would love to have the capabilities to zoom in and around my 2D Adobe Engineering pdf drawings when I'm using my prefered platform and Mac OS.

Thanks,

Al
akimball

Can't get SpaceNavigator to work with Adobe Reader 8.1.2

Post by akimball »

Hi Again,

Any chance of getting a response to my post? Thanks :)

Al
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

We've been able to reproduce the issue with Reader 8.1.2 and we're investigating it. Interesting to note that it works fine with Acrobat Pro 8.1.

I'll update you as we make progress on this. Thanks for the report.
akimball

Adobe Reader Problem Solved

Post by akimball »

I'd like to report that the issue I had with my SpaceNavigator not working with Adobe Reader has now been resolved. Thanks very much for the support and the new driver which solved the issue. I appreciate having a SpaceNavigator working since Adobe Reader is such an important application in my work. Being able to zoom in and out of complicated pdf drawings is very handy and time saving.

Thanks again, Al