Need Help to detect USB Device in JAVA

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ARUN

Need Help to detect USB Device in JAVA

Post by ARUN »

Hi all,

I am new to OS X, I am developing a project in which I have to read a file from the device connected to the device (such as mobile, ipod and soon) through USB port.

In first part, I have to detect the device by using Java code and after that the next part reading the file from the connected device.

But I did not know how to start, I mean how to write code in java to detect connected device in OS X through USB Port.

I am waiting for ur help(s).

Thnx in advance.
Arun.
3DDave

Post by 3DDave »

Hi Arun,

It sounds like you may need the 3DConnexion SDK materials to help in your development project.

If you go to the 3DConnexion website you will see an SDK link under the Support dropdown at the top of the page.

On the start page for the SDK you will see a link to a PDF showing a slide overview of the last Mac SDK developer's webinar that 3DConnexion hosted. You may find that information useful.

Also, click on the 'go to 3DConnexion SDK' link and go through the free registration. This will take you to another support page where you can download code samples and other useful information as well as have access to some direct email links for development support.

I would also recommend posting in the Mac developer's forum section found near the bottom of the main 3DConnexion forum page. That may be the best way of getting answers to specific development questions.

I hope that helps you,

-Dave
ARUN

Post by ARUN »

Thnx Dave