Assign keys of Space Navigator in Form Z

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

carlos rego

Assign keys of Space Navigator in Form Z

Post by carlos rego »

:)

I just received my Space navigator today and I'm unable to assign a command to any of the two buttons of this device for Form Z. I just wanted to be able to disable rotation or pan like I do with Space Traveller also in Mac.
I'm also a bit disappointed because any application I add (ex: Illustrator), in the 3D Connexion control panel, doesn't recognize the Space Navigator.

Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,

Carlos Rego
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi Carlos,

You can assign "Pan/Zoom Only" and "Tilt/Spin/Roll Only" modes to the buttons using the 3Dconnexion preference pane. When you assign these modes, they are active while the button is depressed and full motion control returns when you release them.

For a list of supported applications on the Mac, please see http://www.3dconnexion.com/solutions/ca ... up_app.php
carlos rego

Post by carlos rego »

I just tried Space Navigator in a Windows machine and noticed that I was able to lock the function of the buttons by just clicking on them...
In other words... if I pressed the left button once, I activated the pan/zoom only mode... if I press the left button again I unlock it.

Why can't I do the same thing on a Mac?

To be forced to keep pressing the button to activate a mode is not the most comfortable thing you can do with SN due to his ergonomics.

The most annoying thing is that both drivers (mac and windows) look exactly the same (the only difference is that you have more functions in windows).

I might understand that the PC version supports more applications but couldn't the Mac driver have at least the same basic features?

Carlos