HELP NEEDED w/ archiCAD 11 and Space Navigator PE

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ypb

HELP NEEDED w/ archiCAD 11 and Space Navigator PE

Post by ypb »

been running archiCAD 11 on MAC OS 10.5 leopard. using the 3d space navigator PE in 3D mode i'm unable to fly around and navigate my model as i normally would with just the explore tool. it seems to rotate the model as a whole in lieu of moving the viewer/camera. the way its navigating currently is just a bit clumsy and the model seems to rotate about an invisible axis.

i've set the space navigator to archicad 11 settings and messed with all of the settings that i could find. is there a setting in archiCAD that i need to change?

i've used the navigator in google earth as a test and it seems to be working normally, so i'm at a loss here.

any help would be appreciated thanks, y
none
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

In ArchiCAD, you can go to View->3D Navigation Extras->3Dconnexion and toggle Camera mode on.
mola

Post by mola »

I have the same problem, SpaceNavigator seems to work only with artlantis, and not with sketchup (latest version) and archicad (v11)

How can i make it works?
thanks!
mola

Post by mola »

I reinstalled the latest driver after installing sketchup and now it works, like PS CS3 and artlantis... i keep the same problem on archicad, i've followed all the threads in the forum but i can't fix, in perspective left and right buttons work, bur it doesn't move in the model!
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Can you try going to the 3Dconnexion preference pane and on the Device and Advanced tabs, click on Use Defaults. See if that helps.

Also check that you have ArchiCAD v11 build 1210 or higher