SpaceNavigator Mac OS X beta is here!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

znissan
User
User

SpaceNavigator Mac OS X beta is here!

Post by znissan »

The beta is available from the Download Driver section of the 3Dconnexion website.

This is a beta driver for both SpaceNavigator PE and SE products. For feedback or questions, please post here -- all feedback or questions will be handled via the forum.

This software will work with Google SketchUp (Version 6), Maya (versions 6 and 7) and Form Z (tested on 6.1). For Maya and Form Z, you will need to download additional plug-ins:

For Maya, download and install the Maya mel script software available from this site.

For Form Z, visit www.autodessys.com and visit the Download section of their website.

For users who would like to try the Mac OS X driver, but do not have a SpaceNavigator, you can purchase from many online sites, including our webstore, for the low price of $59!

The driver will be released after completion of the beta program in the next few weeks.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
Last edited by znissan on Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
granthulbert

SpaceNavigator not controlling Google Sketchup

Post by granthulbert »

Hi, I bought SpaceNavigator SE on faith that drivers for Mac OS X would become available -- and sure enough, 20 minutes after UPS delivered the product tonight, a driver appeared on your website! Beautiful build quality on the hardware, BTW.

So I've run the installer, but Google Sketchup (free version) does not seem to do anything special after rebooting. The pretty blue LED lights up, and pressing the right button brings up the control panel, but no other indication from Sketchup that the device does anything. Have I left out a step?

Intel MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.4.8
Google Sketchup 5.0.297
USB shows:
Version: 3.17
Bus Power (mA): 500
Speed: Up to 1.5 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: 3Dconnexion
Product ID: 0xc626
Vendor ID: 0x046d
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

Hi there:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. You need to download the upgrade of Google SketchUp 6 (http://sketchup.google.com/download.html) in order to run with SpaceNavigator. Apologies for neglecting to post this, and I will update the original post and listing on the web.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
granthulbert

Sketchup 6 solves it

Post by granthulbert »

Thanks! Wow, I had no idea Sketchup 6 was available...it's way faster, and works quite nicely with SpaceNavigator on Mac.
podrick

Post by podrick »

No support for GoogleEarth on OSX?
jaxx

Post by jaxx »

podrick wrote:No support for GoogleEarth on OSX?
The First thing I looked for too... :-( should come over soon I hope

(PS: Sketchup 6 seems to be only available in english atm)
seacrets

Post by seacrets »

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MACWORLD!!!!! IPHONEE!!!!! 3D CONNEXION DRIVER!!!!!!!

TODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!

Wow there must be Zillions of people downloading Sketchup 6, I ca barely load the website!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!
podrick

Post by podrick »

Installed OK on my iMac (20", 2.16 Core 2 Duo, 1 gig ram, 256 MB VRAM) and I played a little with SketchUp 6. Everything seemed to run OK, although it took me a little while to get used to the default (non camera) mode. However, I got the SpaceNavigator for use with Google Earth so its going back to the PC until GE support arrives.

Good to see the beta's here as promised in Q1 though (and at the beginning not the end of the quarter!) :)
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

On Google Earth support... the team is on task to make this happen and it's high on the priority list. Watch for it in the next few months!
jaxx

Post by jaxx »

seacrets wrote:MACWORLD!!!!! IPHONEE!!!!! 3D CONNEXION DRIVER!!!!!!!
[OT]

We'll only get it at the end of the year here in europe... and it has a pretty big price tag...

I knew they'd make an embedded OSX one day, especially when they can and they make the code as portable as possible.

I just can't wait :) (but I'll stick with my Nokia e61 in the meanwhile)
ikajunga

Post by ikajunga »

Will these drivers also support the SpaceTraveller3 USB on MACOSX?

Thanks
znissan
User
User

Post by znissan »

At this time, we are supporting only the SpaceNavigator product on Mac OS X.

Ziva Nissan
3Dconnexion, Inc.
seacrets

First Feedback

Post by seacrets »

Hello there,

Thank you to the 3Dconnexion team for creating this driver for mac os X. You don't even imagine how easy is my life now.

Let me post an issue and someone please let me know if it is just me or it is happening to someone else.

Go to 3DConnexion Preference Pane
Click on buttons
Click on Custom functions
Add a new macro and a new macro step inside it (let's say Keystroke F12 which should be dashboard)
Click Done

The problem is I cannot find the newly created macro in the drop down menu. What I'm missing?

Thanks!!

Francisco
flomotan

Post by flomotan »

Hi Francisco,

The ability to assign a macro to a button is not currently implemented in beta 01. We'll be rolling out updates fairly quickly. Check back next week.
jaxx

Post by jaxx »

flomotan wrote:On Google Earth support... the team is on task to make this happen and it's high on the priority list. Watch for it in the next few months!
<Pressure>

:-) Simply to be sure.. you mean days or short weeks, don't you ? :-)

</Pressure>