Please support SpacePilot for Mac OS X!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

downhomebythesea

Please support SpacePilot for Mac OS X!

Post by downhomebythesea »

I am using the SpacePilot on Mac OS X. Unfortuneately only the first two buttons (1) (2) and of course the knob is supported.

Please, team: Support the full device - including the ability to program the buttons and steer the display.

There are so many creative artists out there using more and more creative applications on the Mac. Don't ignore them.

It's really a shame that Mac OS X is the only unsupported platform for the SpacePilot. Even Solaris is supported - come on, who uses Solaris on the desktop! The Mac OS X user base is by FAR larger.

Please support my thread, if you're looking for Space Pilot Support, too.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

I also miss full Mac OS X support for the SpacePilot. I really want to buy the SpacePilot.

But not without Mac OS X support!
janosch1234

Post by janosch1234 »

oh yes, that would be great !
I switched to OS X recently and am missing my Spacepilot buttons.
xlgr

another request for the SpacePilot support on OSX

Post by xlgr »

I bought the SpacePilot even without being aware that is not "officially" supported by 3Dconnexion in combination with OSX. I'm very disappointed that the top-level device in potential functionality and price is not considered to be worth the effort to make it usable on one of the most important operating systems.
fish36990

I also would like to have my spacepilot working on my Mac

Post by fish36990 »

Please support the spacepilot on my Mac. I ordered it before I realized it and would love to use it in photoshop. xlgr, what driver are you using to get it partially working? I installed the Mac driver from the site but it didn't work on my MBP. Thanks
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Now they have a SpacePilot Pro.

But again no Mac OS X support!
Micezodiac

No support in OSX

Post by Micezodiac »

Hello Team 3DConnexion,

I am dissapointed too (like xlgr).
Today I get the device and it is almost useless with the MAC.
Well Photoshop works, but Safari, Finder and the other internal Applications can not use the device.

It's a must to write a generic driver fot the OSX System, if 3DConnection like to have succes in the MAC-World.

Until this, I can't recomend the purchase of this products.

Thank You
Mice
Reflect

Post by Reflect »

Thats so sad. I'm just at front on dilemma (Mac or PC Workstation - and the answer is so obvious) but - STILL NO SUPPORT ON SPACE PILOT PRO FOR MAC!!!!!!!!

I want to get reasonable answer Please!

kind regards
SourceChild

Post by SourceChild »

I am disappointed to see that no representative of 3D Connexion has responded to this thread. As a developer of hardware and software, I am familiar with the complexity of creating a device driver. I cannot understand why 3D Connexion has not undertaken this.

Also, with the very nature of how the OS X applications work it would be very simple to integrate code which could allow for widget developers to utilize the LCD properties of the Space Pilot Pro. It would also be very easy for 3DC to develop plugins with the driver that port control of Mail, iCal, iTunes, Address Book, the entire iLife Suite, iWork, and the pro apps like Final Cut and Logic.
There are no Stupid Question...
Only stupid answer(ers). Please don't be one.