Space Navigator PE and Kinemac

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Dude

Space Navigator PE and Kinemac

Post by Dude »

Hello All

I'm hoping that maybe somebody here, could help me with an issue.
First of all I'm very much a newbie when it comes to working in 3D, I'm only about three weeks in to learning the app Kinemac
http://www.kinemac.com/products/kinemac/index.html
I purchased the Space Navigator cause the Kinemac website claims, that Kinemac supports the Navigator.

The issue I'm facing and, please forgive for lack of better terminology is.
When I import or drag any given object onto my stage

I can use the Navigator to move this object, however ....
When I use my Navigator the movement is not reflecting in my inspector Geometry panel.

Unless I can find a way to get these two to play well together, I'll not be able to key-frame any of the changes cause there is none.

I tried to post this issue on the Kinemac message board, but I can not seem to get a reply ....
The more frustrating part is, now that I have the devise I see that Kinemac is not even listed as a supported app for the devise.

Thanks for any help and or advise ....
James
rstadie

Post by rstadie »

James,

Unfortunately I do not know the application and we can not change the way it behaves :(

Have you already heard back from them?
Robert Stadie
Dude

Post by Dude »

Thank you for your reply..
Well to answer your question, I did get a half baked reply to my question.
The only thing said is that the Navigator only controls the camera.
I face a few problems, one of them would be, I'm new to working with such an app ( 3D ) and, the other is Kinemac has no PDF or on-line manual of any sort. The message board is not very responsive....
I feel as if I was placed in the cockpit, of an F4 fighter jet with no flight experience, now I'm trying to fly the jet....

I know and understand that this site (3Dconnection ) can not change the way Kinemac handles the Navigator, I was just hoping with the slim chance, that maybe I could gain some insight...

Thanks again