No pilot pro OSX drivers oppresses the disabled population!

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

shadeofgrey

No pilot pro OSX drivers oppresses the disabled population!

Post by shadeofgrey »

Greetings 3Dconnexion Moderators and Leadership -
My name is Christopher Kelly. I am a handicapped individual with Cerebral Palsy and only have use of one limb: one hand and arm. All three of my remaining limbs are useless - I'm also a spastic quadriplegic which is a really complicated way of saying that whenever it rains or I come into contact with large volumes of really cold air or water ALL my limbs shake like I'm having a seizure without the messy implications of a seizure. I simply shake hard enough that I talk in a manner that makes everybody around me laugh because it sounds like im traveling over ball bearings in a shopping cart sitting still. Those of you who would like proof of all this should refer to the following youtube clip: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL6svX577Bw[/url]

This all boils down to the fact that the space pilot pro is the perfect device to equalize the playing field for me among most other 3D model builders that have two hands, and although it would cost me two months of SSI welfare checks I wouldn't hesitate for a second to put the cost of one on my credit card and pay what WOULD be a fair price for the device -- if you chose to support the only computing platform I have access to.

Now - I have no problem writing off the fact that the original spacepilot wasnt supported under OS-X - it could easily be contributed to the fact that you had no prior warning that so many Mac users would be interested in the device; however, now that the space pilot pro has made its much anticipated debut the fact that we mac people are still left hanging with no alternative other than to compromise our system security by going anywhere near the idea of dual booting Windows in any flavor and then having o trust and pray we remain virus trojan and malware free comes down to one option: Install windows along with the modeling program of our choosing and simply preventing that same windows partition from ever seeing connection to the internet - which is now impossible because vista requires an internet connection and would make modeling in relative peace absolutely impossible because of how windows licensing and the architecture of Windows Update is hardwired into XP and Vista. If you are not connected to the internet on a broadband connection constantly during use of a modern windows installation your life instantly becomes insanely annoying and nearly impossible, virtually guaranteeing that we'd all have to buy Virus Protection software, along with a license of windows.

Finally, the argument that writing a Mac driver set for the space pilot pro isn't cost effective or in the companies best interest wouldn't pass mustard because you support the Navigator and the Explorer, and scores of people have come before me and made clear that OSX support is in high enough demand to make profit from the undertaking a certainty. Not to mention that it would instantly improve the accessibility of 3D modeling for the handicapped population that have no choice but to run mac because a large percentage of the really complicated assistive devices of modern day for the blind, deaf, and physically challenged are designed for the mac because its usage to crash ratio is far lower than Windows (and its powerful enough to become a prim,ary mouse even for 2D apps) as well as the fact that there still is no currently viral component capable of breaching an OS-X partition without giving it administrative permission beforehand, though that point may not stand as solid as it once did now that mac market share has doubled since the introduction of the ipod and continues a steady climb - however small EVERY YEAR SINCE. I now know that a Mac can successfully be breached through Safari but exploiting that breach hasn't proven rampant as Apple has moved quickly to address the problem.

To conclude - I deserve the right to empower myself to far exceed my capacity for excellence beyond the limit of the logitech VX revolution in my never-ending pursuit of rising above the poverty that SSI welfare inherently and forcibly maintains - my chance as a 3D modeling professional is hindered exponentially by the lack of a peripheral with the power of a space pilot pro, and ever since you've released its baby brother the OS-X community has been left hanging with no truly viable argument against taking the steps to ensure compatibility is achieved. You'd change a lot of disabled lives with a good set of mac drivers, including mine, and your company's logo would look really good stickered to various places all over my electric wheelchair. Beyond my money and free promotional space on the wheelchair i couldn't live without, I hae nothing more to sweeten the deal beyond tens of millions just like me that would benefit just as much. You have a chance to change lives - passing that up is nothing less than unthinkable, and whoever makes that decision obviously has no business leading product development.

Sincerely,
Christopher Kelly
Boca Raton, FL. USA
shadeofgrey@gmail.com
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
-The Declaration of Independence