Space Navigator + Controller Mate = :)

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

ruigato

Space Navigator + Controller Mate = :)

Post by ruigato »

Hello fellow mac users and developers,

first of all, i would like to give a big thank you for the 3dconnexion developers, for supporting mac os X!

my space navigator is here, and i'm starting to experiment with some possible solutions for the apps that don't get supported (yet).

the first one i'm working on, is Archicad from graphisoft, and i've managed to get the blue marvel navigating in the 3D Explore Model window of Archicad 10, using a wonderful app called Controller Mate ( The CM detects the SN, and allows you to map the 6 axis into any other HUI output. So, i've simply patched the axis into the keys used in Archicad to navigate in 3d Explore, and also patched a virtual mouse for the tilt and spin axis. It works fine, but lacks some of the fluidity of the native support... let's hope Graphisoft and 3dconnexion work it out ;)

will be posting other advances in other apps..

greets,
Rui Gato
PresNevins

Post by PresNevins »

Thank you Rui! ControllerMate worked great, and was an immediate $15 purchase. I just pieced together a setup to work with Cinema 4D, so that should be enough to keep me sane until the native plugin shows up.

Excellent tip! :)

Pres
Steffen595

Contoller Mate

Post by Steffen595 »

Hi there,

can I get something like controller mate for Windows as well?

Steffen
prune

Post by prune »

PresNevins wrote:Thank you Rui! ControllerMate worked great, and was an immediate $15 purchase. I just pieced together a setup to work with Cinema 4D, so that should be enough to keep me sane until the native plugin shows up.

Excellent tip! :)

Pres
native plugin :)
HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

so sad it may never happen...
--
Prune