Mac doesn't detect space navigator

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Scott216

Mac doesn't detect space navigator

Post by Scott216 »

I installed the Space Navigator on my MAC running 10.4.11. The software installed okay (ver 1.5.8), but when I got into about 3DConnexion it says it didn't detect any devices. I've rebooted a couple times and ran the install plug-in program. I've tried the Space Navigator in 3 different USB ports. Nothing works.

--Scott
UtaSH

Re: Mac doesn't detect space navigator

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Scott216,

can you install the driver from the CD that was delivered with the device? Please give it a try and post your findings here.
Scott216

Post by Scott216 »

I installed the software from the CD instead of the latest version from the web and I have limited success. The blue light on the space navigator works and it works with the demos. But it doesn't work with google sketchup. I checked the plug-in directory for sketchup and their are no space navigator files. How can I find them and manually copy them to the plug-in directory?

--Scott
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Scott216,

the plugins should be installed with the driver, even if you have an older version. Could you please try the item "Install Plug-ins ..." from the 3Dconnexion control panel (System Preferences)?

Please let me know if you could get Sketchup running with the 3D mouse support.
Scott216

Post by Scott216 »

I tried that twice. I even rebooted a couple times. I did get it working though. I went to my other Mac where I had it all working and copied the two files from the plug-in directory to a USB drive, then copied them to the plug-in directory in this mac.

--Scott