chopping orbit / pan in Sketchup

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Bob_clearplan

chopping orbit / pan in Sketchup

Post by Bob_clearplan »

Hi

I have been using a Spacemouse wireless for some time now in my Sketchup modeling. I find that the orbiting and panning using the SM has become very choppy or jerky, a problem that has occurred now and then. In the same model and same viewpoint, the native SU orbit and pan tools work very smoothly. I am using the latest 3Dconnexion driver for Mac OS.

I am using SU Pro 2018.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The SM is key to my workflow since it takes a substantial load off my right arm, which used to be very sore from modeling.

Thanks

Bob
UtaSH

Re: chopping orbit / pan in Sketchup

Post by UtaSH »

Hi Bob,

do you see the issue right when you start working with the SpaceMouse Wireless or only after using it for some time?

Do you see a difference once you connect the device with the cable?

How is the navigation in the 3Dconnexion Viewer? Is it choppy there, too?
Bob_clearplan

Post by Bob_clearplan »

Hi Uta

The choppy behavior seems to come and go. When zoomed far into the model, the orbiting gets much smoother. At other times, it seems to respond well without the choppiness when zoomed out. Its always connected with a cable.

In the viewer app, its smooth as silk.
mans

Post by mans »

I have almost the same issue. I'm using Space Navigator with Sketchup 2018 Pro. It works only along one axis at a time. I can't rotate and simultaneously zoom or pan and rotate... only one manipulation at a time. In the Viewer, that comes with 3d connexion driver, it works very smooth. How can this be fixed?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello mans,

that sounds as if you have the "Dominant" mode active. Please open the "Advanced Settings" and verify that "Dominant" is not activated.
mans

Post by mans »

UtaSH thank you so much! It worked.