SpaceMouse not working with Mac OS 10.13.3 and Fusion360

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

Darcsyde

Re: SpaceMouse not working with Mac OS 10.13.3 and Fusion360

Post by Darcsyde »

UtaSH wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:12 am
skyscorcher wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:46 pm Hello, I have the exact same problem on macOS 10.15.4. I have tried to install the previous version of the driver and it asked me to allow the extension, which I did. The device is found on the preferences, but I cannot calibrate it, the cursor isn't doing anything and in general, it has zero functionality. It's as if it's not connected at all. Could you please help me out here?

Thanks
Hi skyscorcher,

try if the following procedure solves the issue:
  • Delete the kernel extension for our driver.
    • Open Finder
    • Go to your hard drive.
    • You should be able to find Library. Select the dropdown.
    • Go to extensions
    • You should see 3Dconnexion.kext here.
  • Once that done, please follow the steps below.
    • Uninstall the current driver. Go to Finder >> Applications >> 3Dconnexion >> Uninstall.
    • Reboot
    • Install the driver. Make sure to Accept all the prompts.
    • Reboot
    • Click the Apple Icon
    • System Preferences
    • Security and Privacy
    • Under the General tab, click "Allow" for "3Dconnexion S.A.M." This should be below "Allow apps downloaded from:" You can also refer to [url=https://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/1141]this link for images.
    • Reboot your Machine
    • test it
Let us know what you find out.
I've tried that... and first of all the "3Dconnexion.kext" is NOT in the Library>Extensions folder it's in the Library>StagedExtensions>Library>Extensions folder

secondly... I can't delete it... when I try to drag it to the trash, it doesn't go!! I'm on Catalina with my SpaceNavigator/Paperweight
Darcsyde

Post by Darcsyde »

UtaSH wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:12 am
skyscorcher wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:46 pm Hello, I have the exact same problem on macOS 10.15.4. I have tried to install the previous version of the driver and it asked me to allow the extension, which I did. The device is found on the preferences, but I cannot calibrate it, the cursor isn't doing anything and in general, it has zero functionality. It's as if it's not connected at all. Could you please help me out here?

Thanks
Hi skyscorcher,

try if the following procedure solves the issue:
  • Delete the kernel extension for our driver.
    • Open Finder
    • Go to your hard drive.
    • You should be able to find Library. Select the dropdown.
    • Go to extensions
    • You should see 3Dconnexion.kext here.
  • Once that done, please follow the steps below.
    • Uninstall the current driver. Go to Finder >> Applications >> 3Dconnexion >> Uninstall.
    • Reboot
    • Install the driver. Make sure to Accept all the prompts.
    • Reboot
    • Click the Apple Icon
    • System Preferences
    • Security and Privacy
    • Under the General tab, click "Allow" for "3Dconnexion S.A.M." This should be below "Allow apps downloaded from:" You can also refer to [url=https://www.3dconnexion.com/faq/1141]this link for images.
    • Reboot your Machine
    • test it
Let us know what you find out.
I've tried that... and first of all the "3Dconnexion.kext" is NOT in the Library>Extensions folder it's in the Library>StagedExtensions>Library>Extensions folder

secondly... I can't delete it... when I try to drag it to the trash, it doesn't go!! I'm on Catalina with my SpaceNavigator/Paperweight
Darcsyde

Post by Darcsyde »

aalsalihi wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:45 am Hi Leo101,

Sorry for the frustrations! I would recommend installing driver 10.6.1 which is located on our website and see if it will start working for you.
Usually you have to allow the kernel extension is Security and Privacy in order for the device to function and communicate with the machine properly.
Some machines you won't have to allow the kernel extension because the configurations are different. I've included the list on instructions needed to uninstall and install driver 10.6.1 after. Please follow the steps below:

1. Uninstall the current driver. Go to Finder >> Applications >> 3Dconnexion >> Uninstall.
2. Reboot
3. Install driver 10.6.1 package here https://www.3dconnexion.com/index.php?e ... MACOS&ap3=
4. Reboot
5. Click the Apple Icon
6. System Preferences
7. Security and Privacy
8. Under the General tab, click "Allow" for "3Dconnexion S.A.M." This should be below "Allow apps downloaded from:" You can also refer to the link here for images: https://www.3dconnexion.com/nc/service/ ... ojave.html
9. Reboot your Machine
10. test it

Regards,
Abdul. A
None of your links work anymore
aalsalihi

Post by aalsalihi »

Hi Darcsyde,

Thanks for the updates. It should allow you to delete the kernel extension without no issues (you can right click on the kernel extension and click on remove/delete).

I've included the links below again, if its still an issue to access them then I highly recommend to send a technical support case for direct assistance with your issue here https://3dconnexion.com/us/support-request/login/

Driver 10.6.1 link: https://3dconnexion-my.sharepoint.com/: ... g?e=VVj3Ay

Regards,
Abdul. A
tomasirobin1

Post by tomasirobin1 »

Hi I have the same problem as Nath. I followed the instructions (thank you for those BTW very thorough) and am at the Security & Privacy window. 3DConnexion Pairing and 3DxNLServer are both checked, there is no S.A.M. or Allow. Actually no Allow option was enabled there at any time, except when I re-installed Fusion earlier. Thank you! This is a newer version of my elderly MAC with files transferred. After having the Spacemouse I cannot function in Fusion without it. such a great device! Like Nath it is moving the cursor only zoom out, but I do not have Big Sur and my 3D mouse is working fine. Thank you! Robin
tomasirobin1

Post by tomasirobin1 »

I guess 4th time is the charm. Allow button finally popped up and I'm up and running. thx again for your very specific instructions. Robin