3DConnexion Drivers for Mac OS Mojave

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

thejingles

Re: 3DConnexion Drivers for Mac OS Mojave

Post by thejingles »

Still having this problem with a SpaceMouse Compact on Mojave 10.14.6. Installed clean. Was able to hit "Allow" in System Preferences. 3Dconnexion software won't recognize there is a device plugged in. Has anyone found a workaround, yet?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi thejingles,

did you contact our Technical Support Team? They can assist with the necessary troubleshooting to verify if there is a problem with the device or with the software.
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

Hi thejingles,

After you Mac is up and running pull the receiver and reinsert it. You should then have connection. Supposed to be fixed in next release.

Bob
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

rjtiedeman wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:13 pm Hi thejingles,

After you Mac is up and running pull the receiver and reinsert it. You should then have connection. Supposed to be fixed in next release.

Bob
To clarify: we do not know when the issue with "having to re-plug devices" (MAC-48) can be fixed. As far as our tests show, the issue affects newer Mac hardware running macOS 10.13 and newer. MAC-48 is currently unresolved.

Edit: MAC-48 affects newer Macs running macOS 10.13 and newer (not macOS 10.14 and newer).
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

Just to clarify. Every Mac OS up-date that comes through I keep hoping that Apple will fix the (MAC-48) issue that they created. I am now at 10,14.6 and there is no hope of a fix coming from Apple. As long as I can pull the plug when I need to I will survive. My hope is sometime before I die things will get fixed.

Note My iMac Pro (2017) was released 2 years ago. I came with OS Mojave installed.
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

Hi rjtiedeman,
Note My iMac Pro (2017) was released 2 years ago. I came with OS Mojave installed.
MacOS 10.14 shipped in late 2018 but you are right: the MAC-48 issue is also reproducible using macOS 10.13.x as we do have reports of affected systems running macOS 10.13.6.

We've been looking at finding a workaround to this issue. The fact that is only reproducible in newer hardware (with a T2 chip) seems to indicate some sort of security issue with the kext loading but we have not yet been able to determine exactly what. What we see is systems keeping the default system driver loaded after reboot instead of loading our kext (as it happens when hot-plugging the device).

In summary, MAC-48 is likely reproducible on any system with a "T2" chip and running macOS 10.13 and newer.

We can appreciate only too well our customers' frustration with MAC-48. Having to always re-plug the device after reboot is unacceptable.
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

ngomes

Additional Note. The Spacemouse wireless will not work at all when plugged into my Caldigit TS3 Plus thunderbolt station 3. The Spacemouse wireless shows up in the System Preferences App but when you open the 3Dconnection TRAINER app the space mouse does not move anything. All my other USB devices connected work normally.

The Spacemouse wireless will only work with the receiver plugged directly to the back of the iMac Pros USB PORT.

Hope this helps.
Robert

iMac Pro (2017) Mac OS 10.14.6, 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 and Radeon Pro Vega 64 16 GB
FatPorsche

Post by FatPorsche »

I'm running a wired Space mouse compact on a iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 driver 10.6.3 I followed the instructions in the post

https://www.3dconnexion.com/forum/viewt ... =45#p73471

Although I saw no output for the steps 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3

I executed 2.4 and then restarted and noticed that 3dconnexion driver was no longer in the list of disabled software.

I re-downloaded 10.6.3 and reinstalled the driver. (no uninstall)

rebooted.

And the mouse is back working again. I didn't have to hit the button in the privacy and security screen (I've never had to do that)
rjtiedeman

Post by rjtiedeman »

I was trying to solve another issue on my iMac Pro when I came across your (3Dconnection.kext) in the SystemMigration/History/Migration/QuarantineRoot/StagedExtensions/Library/Extensions. The things in this folder are locked and do not load. Is this why my SpaceMouse will not load? The system prevents you from removing things in this folder. I also have a newer version in the Extension folder.
PadreTex

Post by PadreTex »

I have a Space mouse that I usually run with the USB connection (I lost the dongle). I read the release notes on the driver and it said that the Mac OS Mojave was now functional. I installed that driver and now my mouse is grayed out. I have not upgraded to Mojave yet because I found that there was another software package I use that has not upgraded yet, but thought I'd get other things ready for the transition. Now I'm dead in water with my space mouse. Is there a way around this, or at least is the old driver available somewhere so I can go back to that one?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hello PadreTex,

I see that you contacted us additionally through our web form. And your request had been replied to. Did the instructions fix the problem?