3DConnexion Drivers for MAC OS Catalina?

Questions and answers about 3Dconnexion devices on macOS.

Moderator: Moderators

fegido

Re: 3DConnexion Drivers for MAC OS Catalina?

Post by fegido »

Hi fellows,

I just got a wireless space mouse and downloaded driver 10.6.6 but when I try to pair it it times out. I am using iMac Catalina.

Please any help paiting it?

Many thanks
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi fegido,

please contact our Technical Support Team.
ivan_ef

Post by ivan_ef »

UtaSH wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:56 am Hi fegido,

please contact our Technical Support Team.
There is no 10.6.4 OSX driver in archive now. Could you tell me where can I find it?
UtaSH

Post by UtaSH »

Hi ivan_ef,

this legacy version of the driver is currently not publicly available. Can you tell me why you want this version?

You can contact our Technical Support Team.
ivan_ef

Post by ivan_ef »

UtaSH wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:32 am Hi ivan_ef,

this legacy version of the driver is currently not publicly available. Can you tell me why you want this version?

You can contact our Technical Support Team.
Thanks for reply. I already found the driver. I'm using it with SpacePilot Pro which also legacy product.
By the way. I have issues with mapping 3d axis to keystroke+mouse scroll or modifier+mouse scroll (with times per second option) in Catalina. only scroll action is executed.also tried the 10.6.6 driver with no luck. Are the same issues registered?
hoolito

Post by hoolito »

dingr3dcnx wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:53 am Summary: SpaceNavigator now works under macOS Catalina.

I contacted the Technical Support Team via the link and they got back to me within the hour.

The steps suggested by the Team were:

1. Uninstall the current driver. Go to Finder >> Applications >> 3Dconnexion >> Uninstall.
2. Reboot
3. Install the driver. Make sure to Accept all the prompts.
4. Reboot
5. Click the Apple Icon
6. System Preferences
7. Security and Privacy
8. Under the General tab, click "Allow" for "3Dconnexion S.A.M." This should be below "Allow apps downloaded from:" You can also refer to the link here for images: https://www.3dconnexion.com/nc/service/ ... ojave.html

After a final reboot following Step 8, the SpaceNavigator was recognized and works like it did pre-Catalina.

I had the same problem and I had to file a ticket with support moments ago. Now I find this post from November 2019 (more than a year ago!), which solves my problem (while installing 10.6.5). It is ridiculous. This should be a prompt at the first load of the driver like every other application does.
Such a waste of everybody's time (3Dconexxion Support's too) in troubleshooting this.
After updating to 10.6.6 I didn't have to repeat the permission.

Devs please update the support routine!
Thanks
ngomes

Post by ngomes »

hoolito wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:44 am This should be a prompt at the first load of the driver like every other application does.
The prompt is there but the system will remove it after 30min. We have a warning in 3DxHome if the issue comes up. This warning includes instructions on how to work around this limitation.

Our new driver stack (currently in beta) does not include a kernel extension and this problem is moot.
Nuno Gomes
cjadams

Post by cjadams »

Any chance we can get into that beta? if not already?